Roomstogo.com / damaged furniture

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

On April 12, 2008 at approximately 9:00 am, a RTG delivery driver parked a fully loaded 15-20 Ton truck on my concrete driveway to unload furniture. Although I met the driver as he was getting out of the truck and asked him to move the truck to the street for unloading, he replied it doesnt state unloading from the street on the sales order. I advised him the weight of the truck will damage a residential concrete driveway and he must move it immediately. His response to my second request to move the truck to the street was well, Im already here and continued to lower the lift and unload. On my third request, I demanded he move the truck immediately and if I hadn't seen his 8 or 9 year old daughter peek around from the back of the truck, would have likely handled the situation more aggressively. At that point I advised the driver I would be contacting Rooms to Go to which he replied go right ahead. As a direct result of the drivers negligence, the area of the driveway where the truck parked, has been broken, cracked, crushed and shifted. Each time it rains, the water seeps into the cracks weakening the foundation and causing further damage. Although SE Independent Delivery Services had their own contractor estimate $4000.00 to patch one section of the driveway, I was offered $1, 000.00 as compensation however my 6 estimates shows the actual cost of repairs range from $8, 061.00 to $ 13, 150.00.

Va

Comments

• Va
      17th of Sep, 2008
    Roomstogo.com - Bad service
    Roomstogo.com
    Duluth
    Georgia

When they delivered the sleeper and saw the stairs they had to go up the two guys said it won't fit and refused to even try. Even though in other other room upstairs has a full size sofa my wife and I took up earlier in the week. So that said they would cancel the order back at the warehouse. Since I was out of town during this time, called five days later and

spoke with bryan (store manager) and the order wasn't cancelled and knew nothing about this problem, even though my wife spoke with the sales person (Watana)that afternoon they refused to the del.& set-up My problem is we used a debit card and there policy is to return it by company check (7-21 days later) What a way to keep$900 in their account for 3 weeks? They are fast to take money and take there time to return it.

Last time I purchased two night stands for my wife's birthday, it took 2 1/2 hrs for the warehouse to bring them to the loading dock. NEVER WILL I RETURN TO THIS STORE AGAIN.

• Ve
      10th of Oct, 2008

I didn't authorize the $7.99 that was taken out of my checking acct. on10/09/2008. I would like to know why this was done and
    would like the $7.99 returned to my checking acct.
    Vernon Burcham

20th of Feb, 2009

I appreciate seeing these complaints, but I'm interested in how the store on Veterans Memorial Hwy in Metairie, LA handles problems with damaged furniture and deliveries!

• Mr
      29th of Jan, 2017

Hello this Michael Harrington phone number 813-531-7052 we got this furniture from Rooms to Go Dale Mabry HWY Tampa Fl 33607 the furniture was supposed to be leather but it's vinyl as you can see it started peeling thanks and have a blessed day

• Mr
      17th of May, 2017

Attention Aries from Michael Harrington you can reach me at 813-531-7052 thanks and have a bless day 5/17/2017 at 2:05 pm

• Be
      28th of Sep, 2017

Bernard watermon my phone number is 843 926 2841 my order number is 932 3104-9852377