Roomster.com / great service!

US Review updated:

Just to be clear with everyone reading this. Roomster.com is an honest & reputable company. We do not make any un-authorized charges. Why would we? We have been in business for 6 years and continue to provide an excellent roommate matching service & even better customer support. On the credit card payment page & the paypal payment page state our subscription policy, and cancellation instructions. Roomster subscriptions can be canceled at any time by the member.

(the text below is from our credit card page)

"Subscription rates apply to credit/debit card and PayPal payments. All fees are charged in U.S. dollars. As long as you remain a roomster subscriber, your subscription will be renewed at the monthly rate. This will ensure uninterrupted access to your subscription. Charges will appear on your bill as 'roomster'. You can cancel your subscription at anytime. To cancel your subscription, click the "Edit profile" link on the top navigation, then select the "Settings" tab and then click the "Subscription" link. Click "Cancel my subscription".

The only data supplied to us & you about this user is that she is "Kerri from Austin, Texas U.S.A." If we had more information we could pull the records, which would show sign-up, usage & cancellation history. What's odd about this "report" is this person is that she claims that she paid via Paypal. As you may or may not know Paypal informs you of an re-occurring subscription type payments & gives you instructions how to cancel it, as well as emailing you the details.

Comments

• Jb
      Aug 12, 2009

ive heard a few [redacted]s about roomster

• Na
      Aug 24, 2009

Really, is that so? So, why did you change your name from roomster.net to roomster.com, is it because you where revealed by users to be a scam? Check out this link people https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/internet-scam-c35351.html and this https://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=roomster.com
    I tell you why you are a scam, because if I tell you to withdraw money from my credit card for only a 3 days membership access to your "service", that is what you should withdraw, but with your illegal Terms and Conditions you get away with taking a full month membership from any members anyway. (In my case you could manage to get two months). You should not be allowed to do that, you are a crook and a scammer and of the story.
    So people be BEWARE MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS |SCAMME’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS very carefully before you sign up for the service.

• Er
      Aug 25, 2009
    Best Best Advice

Roomster.com is a real scam and they will take money from your credit card without consent.
    if you have any complains, here is their telephone number [protected] bust the ###ers

• Io
      Apr 13, 2010

Beware,

They are a scam. They advertise 100's of ads but in reality the majority are old and many number is the five, ten's that are in your city. They thus advertise where I lived over 300 in Virginia but in reality the majority were old. Repeat, the majority were old, old ads. They were not new, new ads! You are better off checking with Craigs List than subscribing to a facility that is in all likelihood in Nigeria or some third world country where they DECEIVE THE PUBLIC. And as for the subscription I thought it was a one time. I now find that it is a recurring fee. They thus misrepresent the public and are a REAL, REAL SCAM! If this is a legitimate business it will refund you if you are disattisfied with the service. I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE. I FOUND A ROOMMATE WITH CRAIGS LIST and no one from here. It is a FRAUD! BEWARE, DONT DO NO BUSINES WITH ROOMSTER! THEY RIP THE PUBLIC OFF.

Dec 08, 2010

"We do not make unauthorized charges"...How interesting; because that's exactly what you did to me in the last week. I set up a free profile. However, in order to view any messages, I had to pay for a membership. I selected an option for 3 days at a cost of approximately $5- which seemed reasonable, just to check out the site. Today, I checked my bank statement to find that Roomster has withdrawn an additional $29 from my account- and I don't care where you claim to have your "fineprint" hidden. I authorized only the $5 membership and NOTHING MORE. The site has handeled me in an unethical manner and I'm tired of companies like this trying to slip in additional charges. It is deceitful and unethical any way you look at it, no matter how it is justified. Incidently, I got NOT ONE notice or email alerting me to the fact that ROOMSTER was going to attach a one-month membership to my account. Furthermore, the fact that you folks don't provide a contact number speaks volumes to the company's intent: Squeeze the consumer for as much as you can before they catch on and don't worry- they've got no tangible recourse; Other than to contact the Atorney General and Better Business Bureau (which is exactly how I intend to handle this).

• So
      Dec 15, 2010

Do not believe whatever roomster.net/roomster.com ever says. I signed up for a 3 day subscription for $6. The service they provide wasn't even worth it. Check out craigslist instead because it's free. Back to my fraud story. After I paid them for the service, they did not have any warnings that stated if you did not cancel your account after the 3 days ended your credit card/debit card will be charged an additional $30 for 30 days of service. This exact scenario occurred. I'd tried calling them to talk to them about the situation, but they forced you to talk to them online. A shady company will only allow you to deal with them online. Their explanation was bull***t as well, they just sent me a screenshot of my purchase. I talked to Chase bank about the fraud and they told me they would put in a claim for me. Guess what, JP Morgan Chase bank an International company agreed with me as well. FOR ALL OF YOU WHO GOT SCREWED BY ROOMSTER TALKED TO YOUR BANK, THEY CAN PUT IN A FRAUD CLAIM IN FOR YOU. I GOT MY MONEY BACK!!! Screw you roomster!

• Ro
      Jun 09, 2011

EXACT SAME THING! I WILL TELL THE WORLD AND FILE FRAUD REPORT WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY! YOUR SERVICE SUCKS! LYING CHEATING & STEALING IS EXACTLY THAT WISHING YOU BE PUNISHED BADLY & GIVEN MAXIMUM CRIMINAL PENALTIES, TREBLE DAMAGES IN CLASS ACTION SUITS AND THAT YOU BE PERSONALLY HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWINLY CONDUCTING FRAUDULENT BUSINESS AND BANKING PRACTICES. NOTE: YOUR SCAM IS OLD YOUR PREDECESSORS GOT CAUGHT AND FACED PERSONAL BUSINESS AND BANKING FRAUD CHARGES.

• Ro
      Jun 09, 2011

agree not neutral

• Re
      Aug 08, 2011

I agree that Roomster.com is a SCAM! I also signed up for the 3 day trial subscription and was charged for the 3 days + 3o day membership. I emailed the help desk and the customer service rep told me that I had to cancel the 3 day subscription or I would be automatically renewed for 30 days. I cancelled my subscription right away so they would not charge me for another month, right after I cancelled the Customer Service Manager, Ashley Larson emailed me thanking me for my cancellation and quote" All future billing has ended. You will have full access to your Roomster mail box for the duration of your paid period, but it will not be renewed" and that I would be prompted to upgrade again. I tried to email directly to Ashley Larson (CS manager) requesting a refund but she did not answer my email.
    I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT ROOMSTER.COM IS A SCAM! AND TO STAY AWAY! THEY WILL LIE TO YOU! iF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY ROOMSTER, PLEASE REPORT IT SO WE CAN START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT! AND PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!

• Cr
      Oct 31, 2011

Absolutely agree with everybody above.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SERVICE.

It is full of scammers and dubious people.
    I have been charged insanely high fees for this ### service.

• Bo
      Apr 04, 2012

Very deceiving rates. Automatically renews your subscription without alerting you to the fact.

• Ab
      Jul 03, 2012

They charged my credit card 29.95 with NO REFUND. ### of the earth! Misleading piece of $#*!s.

• Ri
      Jul 05, 2012

ROomster.com are thieves, They are Rogues, they just charged me $29.95 for a month something i had not agreed to.
    after paying for 14 days these Certified Criminals charged my bank account 30 dollars without my consent, it would give me great delight to watch your scamful business go down. THIEVES, (spits) CROOKS YOU ARE, You will reap what you sow. I am very furious and trust me this is just the beginning, just wait till i make a video, blog and circulate it round dorms, you are in for it. NoneSense!!!

• Ki
      Aug 28, 2012

This website is a SCAM! LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Mar 08, 2013

Roomster charged me $29.95 for 1 day of service!! I asked them for either a refund or agreement to only pay $5.95 for the service and they refused.

• Di
      Sep 25, 2014

It's a great time for me cause, I just found a Room. I spent only $400.00 per month. I am happy at all for this. Hurry up! If you need Rooms you can go without any hesitation. I recommend this all time. Thanks Roomster.com.

• Co
      Sep 25, 2014

" I recommend this all time"

I recommend you learn English!

• Va
      Sep 27, 2014

I required a room in emergency then i visited Roomstar.com and found a nice room. I rented this room easily. I found the site to be easy to use and straight forward. If you need Rooms you can go without any hesitation. I recommend this all time. So i think Roomstar.com is a helpful site.

• Al
      Apr 20, 2017

Now they've resorted to scamming Craigslist by copying legitimate posts, then re-posting them for less. If you reply to the post, you get an automated response with, GUESS WHAT, a link to Roomster. "" I am the owner, If interested do registration here goo.gl/hKQlXR.dont_click_this_tho then Room available to view let me know when done. Thanks.
    ""

WTF is wrong with these people?