RIU Jamaica / wedding

Jamaica Review updated:

I booked a wedding with the Riu for December 2008. Due to health reasons I was not able to make the trip this year. I contacted the "wedding" department and told them that I would like to reschedule the wedding date to December 2009. I was told this was fine. Then I received an email stating that I needed to book my room. This was a full year in advance. I was not required to book my room when I originaly booked the wedding for 2008 and I also live in an area where we have a charter to Jamaica and when you book the charter and room together you get it for much much cheaper. I explained that I did not have to book my room when I reserved for 2008 and the charter situation. I was sent an email back and was told this was fine and they would contact me in January 2009 to make sure the wedding was still on and see if the charter prices were out yet. Then in December 2008 I got an email being told that the wedding was canceled because I did not book my room. This email from the same person that told me I did not need to do it. I sent her a copy of her email and asked what was going on. She then rudley responded and told me that she "demanded" I book a room if I want my wedding there. I asked for her supervisior to contact me and they did telling me that they "request an apoligie from me for my misunderstanding" I then cancelled my wedding with them and I am now booking with a hotel that cares about their guests.

Comments

Ni
  3rd of Sep, 2009
I've experienced a total nightmare with the RIU Santa Fe. I booked my wedding with them. I"ve never been treated so poorly by anyone in the travel business as I did by RIU staff. They just kept telling me they didn't need anything else then would email me a couple weeks later and tell me they continue to request the same information and I don't respond. They constantly threatened to cancel my wedding if I didn't send them the info, regardless of the fact that I sent them their emails telling me they didn't need anything else. The only reason I didn't cancel things sooner was due to family coming who didn't purchase travel insurance. Hurricane Jimena hit and really complicated things. While trying to work things out I was told by Andres and I quote "this is not my problem, it is yours." I asked to speak to his supervisor and he told me he didn't have one. Then he proceeded to hang up on me. I am still in utter shock about how we were treated. And no, the day was ruined and we didn't get married there. We picked that day specifically, in tribute to my father who passed on (it was an important day for him) and were not able to get married. My heart is still broken over this and RIU is not offering any type of resolution. You will get nothing but heartache with this company.

RIU Hotels & Resorts Logo RIU Hotels & Resorts