RIU Jamaica / wedding
I booked a wedding with the Riu for December 2008. Due to health reasons I was not able to make the trip this year. I contacted the "wedding" department and told them that I would like to reschedule the wedding date to December 2009. I was told this was fine. Then I received an email stating that I needed to book my room. This was a full year in advance. I was not required to book my room when I originaly booked the wedding for 2008 and I also live in an area where we have a charter to Jamaica and when you book the charter and room together you get it for much much cheaper. I explained that I did not have to book my room when I reserved for 2008 and the charter situation. I was sent an email back and was told this was fine and they would contact me in January 2009 to make sure the wedding was still on and see if the charter prices were out yet. Then in December 2008 I got an email being told that the wedding was canceled because I did not book my room. This email from the same person that told me I did not need to do it. I sent her a copy of her email and asked what was going on. She then rudley responded and told me that she "demanded" I book a room if I want my wedding there. I asked for her supervisior to contact me and they did telling me that they "request an apoligie from me for my misunderstanding" I then cancelled my wedding with them and I am now booking with a hotel that cares about their guests.
More RIU Jamaica Complaints & Reviews
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - we will now become your 'nightmare'! 
- Riu Punta Cana - casino scam 
- RIU Hotels - riu class membership 
- RIU - customer service 
- RIU Hotels - unthinkable conditions
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - Food Poisoning at the 24hr Sports Bar Riu Palace Peninsula
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - Front Desk Customer Service
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - hotel
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - customer service and accommodation
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - room, maintenance, staff.