RIU Hotels / theft

1 paseo maritimo 165Torremolinos, Spain

We have stayed at Riu Belplaya twice now. The first time was Christmas 2014 and again this Christmas. Christmas 2014 was superb so we booked for 2015 bringing friends along. All went well until the last day of our stsy when my husband found that 100 euros had disappeared from our wallet in the safe. We checked to see if anything else had been taken but all seemed well. My husband had left the safe key at the back of the top drawer next to the bed. He accepts that it was silly to leave it in the room but did not expect anybody to go looking in the drawers. We went to report the loss from room 141 to the receptionist to be told by her that it was impossible for the money to have gone. My husband asked her if she was calling him a liar her only response was to call the manager. We explained the loss to him and he straight away replied that it was impossible for the money to have been stolen. My husband once again asked if he was beong called a liar whereupon the manager turned his back and walked off. At no time was any statement made or taken by the staff we were spoken to in the middle of a busy reception area and our complaint dismissed as if we were children playing a prank. We were disappointed both by the reaction of the staff who did not listen to any explanation from us and their implication that we were liars. We are mjust asking for our complaint to be noted and the fact the holiday was completely spoilt by the management's action.

Re