RIU Hotels & Resortsriu touareg cape verde

I am currently still on holiday in Cape Verde and whilst staying at the riu Touareg, I had £150 and €85 stolen from mine and my brothers room next door. The rooms are secure and can only be accessed by staff. I spoke to the manager and the police were involved, I have a police report for the missing money. The police informed us they have a suspect but I have heard no more. And as I am going home tomorrow morning (and looking forward to it) I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't hear any more from them. It seems to be a fairly common problem with staff letting themselves into guests rooms whilst they are out and helping themselves to the contents of the wallets. The manager said he couldn't give us our money back, and the insurance excess is more than what was stolen. I find totally unacceptable that if a guests money is stolen, we just have to accept that it is gone and we won't be getting it back! I want to know what riu will be doing to compensate myself and my brother for our stolen money.

Da