RIU Hotels & Resorts / food poisoning
We travelled to the Riu Jalisco, neuvo Vallarta on January 11, 2019. My spouse became quite ill, saw the resort doctor and was diagnosed with food poisoning. Hotel management phoned our room the next day and told us we had to go to the hospital to rule out a virus or we would be quarantined to our room and would not be able to leave Mexico. We went to the hospital with 2 other couples, also diagnosed with food poisoning. One couple spent the night in the hospital. Hotel management refused to accept that there was a problem with the food, even though the hospital ruled out a virus. We asked to be moved to a different hotel, they refused. More people became ill, including the couple we traveled with. People flew home early from their trips.
We were to stay 2 weeks in this resort but we moved as the doctor said not to eat any fruits or vegetables unless we could peel them, not to eat any kinds of meat, not to drink alcohol. I want the RIU to refund the cost of our vacation. It was a nightmare.
More RIU Hotels & Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - we will now become your 'nightmare'! 
- Riu Punta Cana - casino scam 
- RIU Hotels - riu class membership 
- RIU - customer service 
- RIU Hotels - unthinkable conditions
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - locked out of our room all night.
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - gresham hotel
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - hotel
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - riu palace antillas
- RIU Hotels & Resorts - hotel "director" at riu costa del sol, spain