RingCentral / everything - you name it!

1 San Mateo, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8888984591

Ringcentral falsely advertises its services on its website and provides brutal "service" to its clients.

Mostly, it's the COMPLETE lack of service. I understand that if you need to use a foreign country for your customer service to weed out simple problems & save money - but when a small business person wants to obtain new phone service and uses their toll frees - RING CENTRAL IS NOT CAPABLE of toll free porting. Mine took almost 3 months and I can carefully document this.

As I'm not a ###, I knew to do that (request toll free number porting) in our off season. Once I had the lines, it took weeks (literally, more than 50 hours of my time) to get the auto attendant set up right, as well as the extensions working properly.

They indicate at time of set up "no problem moving between service levels" but overall, this is a 100% lie. First of all, you MUST buy their phones @$75/per phone (not that bad). But...they charge you $30/line you cancel before one year (I had set up a 4 line "ringcentral office" (complete farce)- even though you sign nothing at sign up, and there is no 3rd party verification that you agree to these fees - EVEN THOUGH I SPECIFICALLY ASKED. They are committing fraud.

What baffles me is this - after the "level 1" rep overseas can't help you, and you ask to get someone in the US, they put you on hold for 10 minutes, then tell you "a Manager will call you back" - but they won't. I asked for a VP or the President of this firm to do a 3 way call with me so they could see what I'm talking about on the bad service, but to no avail. I can see now why our firm grows -if our customer told this to my employee and they did not IMMEDIATELY email me to speak direct with that customer, that'd be their end. Any firm that cannot listen will die.

Finally, I got through to someone in the US - they were particularly rude, telling me that if "I contacted the BBB or the Attorney General or simply even brought that up again they'd hang up on me & terminate service." WOW. Who cares? I not only contacted the BBB and the Attorney Generals' office of both California & Texas, I also contacted the FCC.

Overall, this firm did / does a great job presenting their services with a polished website & design - but truthfully, unless you go a high end service provider for VOip phones (business internet phones) you end up with a firm like these characters. They absolutely, without question, have the worst service I've ever experienced in any walk of life. They make Qwest, Time Warner, etc. all look like supastars - yeah, they are THAT bad.

DO NOT OVERLOOK THIS REVIEW. I am very sensitive to people posting over the top or exaggerated comments. Mine is 100% on. Simply do no use Ring Central.

At this point, I have another 40-50 hours planned of trying to get my numbers back (my 5 toll frees) but luckily, my pockets are deep enough and I will sue them.

Remember, this is only my subjective opinion, but I can carefully show you documentation I filed as I've had so much trouble with so many VOIP -providers. The technology is incredible and dirt cheap, so many people delve into this business - watch out.

RingCentral

Comments

• Be
      28th of May, 2010

This company is horrific. I used it for fax and phone services and NEVER again want to deal with them, whether they improve or not. With faxes, a 15 second fax would be recorded taking up to 5 - 10 minutes with Ring Central (they charge you per minute, not per page!)

• Ry
      11th of Aug, 2010

I have been a long time customer, and I am very LUCKY to have had everything set up when Americans were working on everything.

The new support system sending things out of the country kind of sucks. If I had to re-setup things, it would be a nightmare based on the responses I have gotten so far on other issues.

The service is overall decent and good for the price - but it was MUCH BETTER when everyone was in America.

I would rather pay 10-15 dollars more a month and have everything taken care of in the US, with US representatives.

If there was a company offering all US-based representatives, even if it cost me 30% more, i would get it.

• To
      27th of Jan, 2011

I agree. I started using ring central in the UK and I have had nothing but grief from these guys. They are totally disorganised. Do not fall into the trap of their 1 month trial period because it will take at least 6 months to cancel your account. They send you on a wild goose chase hoping that you eventually give up and continue to pay every month. I have had to call both their US and UK offices on so many occasions that it has become clear that there is no such thing as a cancellation department. They just keep forwarding you to another department or to their main switchboard. Ring central is pretty much a waste of time and money.

• St
      28th of Jan, 2011

I just canceled my account in the US today over concern for my credit card no. and other private information. Their security system would never recognize my computer (even though I always clicked the "remember this computer button") and I'd have to wait for an email with a new security code every time I sent a fax. When I asked them how to get around this onerous procedure, they turned off the security on my account, telling me that it was OK. But I noticed today their website still sternly warns of phishing and other threats if you do so. I don't trust them. I have the impression that this is a mom and pop operation, and that they are a lot, lot smaller than they want people to think.

• La
      11th of Mar, 2011

I've been using RingCentral for about 5 years now. I switched my three toll free numbers from AT&T and my regular landline from Verizon to RingCentral without any problems. Their equipment was simple to setup and the online interface is easy to use and configure.

I'm able to fax documents using the RingCentral Internet Fax service (installed under printers and faxes). I've also faxed from the RingCentral website by browsing for the document on computer and uploading it to their server. Both methods work find. After a run around with Vonage years ago not being able to fax out, I switched to RingCentral. By the way, I received my Class Action Settlement from Vonage last year over their failing fax service.

I had to call a RingCentral representative twice in all the years I've been with them. First time I was trying to unblock incoming calls from the UK and France. They woman told me how to navigate to the option to do this. She even gave me extra minutes for my trouble. Another time I called to create a new extension for my digital line. The guy who answered was in the Philippines, but he was an American who just happen to work there. He set me up in a matter of seconds.

Never had any issues with my credit card. Just remember to update your expiration date when your old card is about to expire.

The guy above who couldn't get his browser to remember him. It's really simple. Your session is stored in a Cookie. If your browser is set to delete cookies on exit, RingCentral will not remember you upon your return. Some people think that by clicking the "remember me" box, they can open a different browser and it should work, or even a different computer!

Anyway, no problems here.

• Ra
      30th of Sep, 2011

I called Ring Centeral the other day to ask the rep questions... Holy cow, the dude ate on the phone and then after a few moments he was smoking, I could hear him take a draw on the cigarett and then blow out, all over the phone while talking to me. At one point I asked him a question and he had to swallow his food before answering me... LOL so I checked for complaints and not surprising there a re some... I'm not using these clowns...

• Cj
      6th of Jan, 2015

if you plan on faxing anything secure i would highly recommend a more professional company i was paying for my service but hadn't used my account for a couple of months when i logged in i seen activity from others on my account from God knows who and whereI called them and asked wth was going on??? they apologized and acted as if it was no big deal REALLY??? I can't trust this company I had to cancel my card out because they would not stop billing it even after i cancelled my account to this day I still get email billed invoices telling me my cc needs to be updated???? NEVER

• Ha
      1st of Feb, 2016

Cancelling account is nearly impossible. I have tried to no avail. Will have to cancel my credit card by the looks of it. Very rude person is department for cancellations.

• Ep
      14th of Jul, 2016

Ring Central's prices have increased twice in the last 2 months. They will "claim" this is a tax they have to charge us, but the FTC told me years ago they don't have to charge it to us.

Does anyone on here who's still a customer of Ring Central want to try with a class action law suit?