RHB Bank Berhadhire purchase loan

Hi,

I have been recently contacted by the Collections Team with regards to my outstanding Hire Purchase loan. This loan had been initially taken more than 10 years ago (can't remember exact date ). In 2012, i had sold off the my car to a person however did not perform any name change of the loan, the particular person did not make any payments to the bank as agreed and ended returning the car to the bank. The car was then auctioned and i was notified about a balance sum that i need to pay via letter to my mailing address, however i had spoken to the person who bought over the car from me to settle this to the bank which he had agreed. The bank did not contact me since then till recently.

I was contacted by a few representative that did not have any proper information and was only interested to get money off me, they were unprofessional and rude. There was no intention to discuss any solution, instead i was only being harassed to make full settlement, i believe these calls were made by a 3rd party collections agency. On 29/9/2017 i received a call from an officer by the name of Kamarul who claimed to be from the bank and not any 3rd party collection agency (number 03-[protected]). Kamarul mentioned that my account situation is very critical and need to be paid off, he mentioned that due to the amount outstanding, i will have to pay RM5, 000 and following that i can make an arrangement to repay the balance in installments. He gave an option to pay RM3, 000 in one payment and the balance in another payment. I'm glad to do this arrangement, however i had requested him to see if there was an option to split the RM5, 000 into smaller amounts, as RM3, 000 is a huge amount to come up with immediately, he agreed to appeal this request for me. I was then contacted a few days later just to be informed that the appeal was rejected and that i have to make a full payment of RM 3, 000 by 6/10/2017 or else court action will be taken. I received a follow up call today from Kamarul, i informed him that i'm not able to come up with RM3, 000 in one go and asked if i can write in to appeal myself or if i can speak to any higher authority. I was then passed to another officer (name can't recall) who was harsh and kept on insisting that this was my mistake all along and that no other option can be given other than me making a payment of RM2, 500 today. When asked if there was someone that i can meet directly, there was no option for that as today is the last day and the one way to go forth is to make RM2, 500.

I Am not denying the debt amount nor am i saying that i won't pay, but i'm merely asking for the amount of RM5, 000 to be split into smaller amounts. If the minimum amount that can be accepted is on RM2, 500, then i will make that payment but it only can be done upon my salary at the end of this month (25/10/2017).

Please help to investigate this situation and provide a solution, I will be able to make a payment of maximum RM2, 500 by end of this month and the remaining balance of RM5, 000 by end next month. I'm more than happy to discuss this matter further if need be.

Th
Oct 06, 2017

Comments

• Ar
      Oct 06, 2017

Please do not pay anything to a 3rd party. You have to go to the bank branch that you took the loan and talk directly to the bank's staff there. Please, DO NOT pay them anything. You will regret. Only deal with the banks. If you really do not have any money, you can always call AKPK in Bank Negara to help.

• Mu
      Oct 08, 2017

Please do not pay them anything. You will regret. Refer to AKPK, Bank Negara for help.

• Bu
      Dec 29, 2017

Pls avoid AKPK unless you have no other option and accepted that not going to apply loan in future. The bank see person that need to engage AKPK as the worst borrower as that is a lost for the bank. Interest charges over the years is just to compensate the depreciation of the ringgit, plus additional pay to the collection team and lawyer letter, the actual earning is not much.