Resveratrol / misleading advertising

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Company promoted a 10 day "Free Trial" for $4.95 shipping and handling. The "Trial CM" was to include a 14 day supply of Resveratrol, a DVD, Professional Exercise booklet, Exclusive Diet and Nutition Guide and Swedish Measuring Tape. I ordered the free trial on 4-14-09. I received only the 14 day supply of Resveratrol on April 25, 2009. On May 4th I attempted to cancel the order. I called the 800 number provided. I was on hold for 30 minutes with very irritating music which was very loud. The 800 number was only available Monday-Friday from 9am6pm est. This was within the 10 days from the time I received the product. Fortunately I was able to call from home. It would not have been feasible to call from work because of the long wait time 30+ minutes on hold and the very loud music that was played during the hold. While I was holding I checked my credit card and saw that I was charged $89.97 for the "free trial". When I finally spoke with a customer service rep I was told that the trial period begins when you order the product. I asked "How do you try a product that you do not have?'. They said it was stated in their terms and conditions that it started when ordered. I have not found this exact wording in their 6 page agreement. The CSR then transferred me to a supervisor. I again asked the supervisor "How someone was supposed to try their product if they had not even received it? The supervisor ignored my question and went on to explain that the trial began when the product was ordered and that I would be charged. I told her I wanted the charge removed and my account cancelled. She then hung up on me. I then called my credit card company. With the credit card company on the phone with me we tried to reach XM Labs at their 800 number. The Rep from credit card company and I were unsuccessful at reaching anyone at XM Labs. The charge has been put in dispute and a charge back issued to XM Labs. XM Labs threatens that they will now put my credit card number into a internet database which reports consumer who commit fraud.

Comments

• Sh
      9th of May, 2009

I just got off the phone with a "John Lloyd" at SWM Laboratories in Florida. After sending away for a "free sample, " they charged my checking account 87.00. The way they operate this scam is to get your credit card to pay for the shipping and then charge you for unauthorized shipments. He was refusing to refund my account. This is fraud, misleading advertising, pure and simple. This needs to go to the attorney general in Florida. Send your complaints to:

Office of the Attorney General
    PL-01 The Capitol
    Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1050
    Telephone: (850) 414-3990
    Toll Free within Florida: 1-866-966-7226

or you can submit a complaint 0n-line at http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/60FD9BD8FA71A5B185256CD1005EE5C5
    let's shut these creeps down.

14th of Jul, 2009

I was also scamed by xm lab. I ordered my free samples for 4.99 and waited about 4 weeks for it. meanwhile I was charged for 139.00 dollars for two monts suppy. calling them was a nightmare, long waiting and laud music mada it impossible to call from work. I took earlier from work one day just to call and canceled my order and it all began. I was ridiculed by some rep. he laughed at me when I asked him how could I cancelled my membership. english is my second language and he told me I should go back where I came from. my husband was furious but we couldn't do anything, we were appoled by his attitude. finally he did me a favore and cancelled my account.
    My advise to everybody is: stay away from xm labs.
    P. s. for 139.00 dollars I got 2 cream (I can't use them, they are like cottage chease) 120 pills of some sort (I got sick 2 weeks later with a cold) and a brochure with nice pictures, that is it.

• Sc
      12th of Aug, 2009

I was also scammed by these jerks! not only did I call to cancel this 139.00 charge they dropped onto my cc but to complain about the product. I ttried this so called face cream just as directed and now my neck is broken out and itches terribly. I cannot believe that they ca get away with this and I am contacting an attorney immediately to seek legal action. do not order this product, I do believe it is extremely harmful to you. this company told me when I told them about the side effects I have had that it was not their problem and I should take it up with my credit card company!