Restaurant.com / Fraudulent/deceptive ways

1 LA, United States Review updated:

hi,
I bought 4 gift certificates worth 25$ each at restaurant.com valid only online through mrsfields.com. It was on a sunday, so I couldn't inquire either of them (restaurant.com or mrsfields.com) about the expiry and the minimum order. I came to know about the fraud after I bought the mrsfilds.com certificates that I need to purchase a minimum of 75 dollars (excluding shipping charges) and can use only one coupon for redemption at checkout. so, I need to pay 50 dollars from my pocket everytime I make a purchase. Buyers, be aware.
GS.

Ad

Comments

• Lu
      31st of Jan, 2009

Hello
    Do you read terms and conditions before you check out on any online company? I sure do. If you read the terms that were listed at check out on restaurant.com, as well as under 'terms' at the bottom of their website, and one each individual restaurants' /online partner site within the restaurant.com website, you would have seen that you can only redeem one per order and there would be a minimum order. Also when you click on 'more info' on the online partners tabs they state the minimum..I just checked myself. Seems to me like someone just doesn't like to read before entering a credit card online, which is stupid!

• Sw
      8th of Apr, 2009

That is stated on each restaurant offer...the total bill MUST exceed a certain amount.

It also generally states..."excludes Alcohol, taxes and gratuity"...some also state an 18% gratuity will be added PRIOR to deducting the certificate, that so their servers aren't shorted by the certificates.

There were many certificates I didn't purchase for these, and other reasons

You need to read each individual offer carefully

• Wi
      6th of Jun, 2009

@luv2complain... you totally work for Restaurant.com, please shut up now. (See luv2complain's only comments for reference)

• Ka
      6th of Jun, 2009

I always wondered about these...can't trust anybody.

• Be
      14th of Nov, 2011

I've used numerous certificates and except for the poor service at the one restaurant I have nothing but good things to say about the site. I read the disclaimers and fully understand before making purchases. Makes no sense why people ### and complain about things THEY should have know from reading. Perfectly good site from a consumers perspective. Will continue to use.