Restaurant.com / Terrible place

United States Review updated:
I have emailed them and reported them to the BBB. They are a scam. I purchased a $100 certificate and then had to spend $200, plus buy the certificate, total would have been $140 for $200 restaurant bill. That is worse than a 50% off Entertainment coupon. But the restaurant wouldn't honor the coupon. Also on the website it read minimum purchase was $35 not $200.

When I went to get my money back they emailed and replied NO REFUND - their words exactly: To complete an order, there is a box that needs to be checked off that states 'I have read and agree to the restaurant terms and conditions merchant terms and conditions and applicable restaurant restrictions So read the fine print! BUYER BEWARE!

D  20th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The problem is that you didn't read the requirements to use the coupon - not that restaurants.com shafted you in any way.

If the restaurant didn't honor it for some reason *outside of the terms of the coupon* then you should contact corporate headquarters of the restaurant.
N  8th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Can you explain why they required you to spend $200 to use the certificate?

Did you show it prior to ordering?

Whats the name of the restaurant? Expose them

I think they sign on for the advertising aspect...but maybe arent ready to honor the discount?

N  18th of Nov, 2009 by
I have been using Restaurant.com for discount coupons for almost 3 years and NEVER had a problem! I even had a coupon for a restaurant that went out of business and got a new $25 certificate. I've used them in NY and Florida and as long as you - read and follow the instructions - they work great!
N  12th of Mar, 2010 by
I am looking into using this service for the first time and have just discovered that there are radio buttons in the screen where it lists participating restaurants and shows the coupon values each restaurant will accept and under what conditions. The conditions change according to the face value of the coupon, you have to click on the button next to the specific coupon you are interested in to see minimum purchase amount.
D  13th of Jul, 2010 by
This person obviously did not readtthe terms and conditions. I have used restaurant.com several times, with no problems. It seems that some people think that restaurants should simply give free meals, with no conditions??? I think that when you can get a $25 coupon for only $2 (with the 80% off code), then it is more than fair for the restaurant to have a min order of $50 and exclude alcohol. After all, I just got a $23 discount on a $50 meal. In fact, I almost feel bad - like I am getting too good of a deal.

And - for those of you who don't tip their servers on the entire amount - shame on you. You should just stay home and cook/serve yourselves.
N  20th of Dec, 2011 by
I have never purchased a coupon but have read through a lot of these complaints and it looks like the restaurants are the ones really getting ripped off here. To put a restaurant on a list without the owners consent or leave them there when they have asked to be taken off is dishonest. Looks like the problem has been exasperated by cheap, stupid people buying these coupons (Geez you want to save 90 pervent and then not tip the servers!?!) -- between those two things no wonder there are a lot of problems -- sounds like too big a pain in the ### for my money and time -- I refuse to make phone calls on my own time because the people I bought the coupons from are dishonest -- count me out

Restaurant.com Logo Restaurant.com