rentalcars.com / bogus rental agreement
Rented a car through rentalcars.com prior to traveling to Los Cabos which they advertised as including Third Party Liability coverage for a vehicle from Europcar. Upon arrival I showed my contract which states the included liability coverage. I wasn't allowed to rent the vehicle without paying $309 (US) paying for additional liability coverage. That was close to twice my original rental agreement with rentalcars.com. In contacting them I was informed that while my agreement had liability coverage it was a "basic" contract and that I should have expected to have provided my own insurance. The contract does state that I have the "option" to purchase additional insurance. There was no "option" either pay the additional amount or you can't rent the car. Even though my rental agreement through rentalcars.com clearly states the inclusion of third party liability. It was a worthless addition and basically scam with no value and significant unexpected costs.
More rentalcars.com Complaints & Reviews
- RentalCars.com former Traveljigsaw - never ever rentalcars.com 
- rentalcars.com - no refund 
- rentalcars.com - cancellation procedure
- rentalcars.com - additional fees 100% increase in cost 
- Traveljigsaw or Rentalcars.com - i had to pay for their mistakes! 
- rentalcars.com - Unprofessional behaviour
- rentalcars.com - was told insurance is not valid
- rentalcars.com - overcharged from what was quoted.
- rentalcars.com - car rental insurance
- rentalcars.com - additional local taxes and fees assessed by hertz