Renee's Bridal / Terrible Experience

1 Pensacola, FL, United States

I have been married for about a year now. I'm so happy that I found a website to vent on about Renees Bridal. I purchased my dress from her store. I also got told about the outrageous alterations charges after my purchase. I also paid 50.00 extra to have my dress here 2 weeks before my wedding so I would be able to have it altered somewhere else. So 2 months go by and I am eagerly getting all the details ironed out. I call Renee's on the day that they said the dress would be there. Renee proceeds to tell me that they will not be getting the dress in until the following week. Yes thats the week of my wedding. So I as any bride would freaked out. I told her that I would not pay the 50.00 extra and really just went into panic mode. She said that I would have to pay the extra 50.00 and started to get nasty. So I shot back. Telling her that this was my special day and she could at least be a little more considerate of how I must feel. And now the WORST part. She said "If you don't stop talking to me like this, I will cancel your STUPID dress order." I couldn't believe she said that to me. This is my wedding your talking about. It means the world to me and for her to call it a STUPID dress, I was mortified and scared because I had 14 days till my wedding. I cried for so long that day because I didn't think it was possible to get another dress. She is so fake and unprofessional. Just like someone else said on here, she smiles in your face but is totally fake behind your back. She cares about selling a dress and not the "wedding experience." I wish everyone in this town knew it too. Needless to say my whole family was outraged that she said that to me. My Dad called the credit card company and had the charges reversed. She then called my house the week of the wedding. My now husband answered and told her that I had canceled the "stupid" dress order and she would have to sell it to somebody else. She denied saying all of that to him but he said it didn't matter. I was able to find a perfect dress at another shop down the road called Wedding Artistry. They really know how to treat you there. They also did all of my bridesmaid dresses without outrageous alteration charges. Most importantly they made my wedding experience what it was suppose to be- My Special Day!! Don't ever go to Renees Bridal. They will rip you off!!