[Resolved] Renaultrenault service

Not happy renault! Not happy renault! Not happy renault!
Renault fails basic customer service
I am the proud owner of a renault scenic 2002 model. On thursday 20th april I went to a renault dealer in hobart (25 barrack st.) to get a duplicate key as both I and my wife drive the car. I was obliged to include central locking as the key by itself cannot lock the car. The cost of the key including the cost of of programming was $283. Today I was advised to bring the car in so that the new key could be programmed.
After a prolonged wait I was advised that the new key was programmed but that the old key could no longer activate the central locking system and hence the car could not be locked with that key, also the radio in the car stopped working. A prolonged argument ensued whereupon our car was disparaged for amongst other things having a loose gear stick (What that had to do with the now non-functioning original key is a mystery). Then I was advised inter alia that the key was damaged prior to today, that the car was old and the the computer system damaged.
The only offer from dealership was to further investigate the problem at our expense.
No responsibility for the now non-functioning was accepted, nor was any compensation offered.
I then went to my wife's office and advised her as to what has transpired. Her opinion was that the dealership was responsible for the now non-functioning original key. She asked me if the dealership had alerted me to the possibility that something may go wrong with the original key, prior to entering into a contract with them to obtain a duplicate key.
The answer was no, there was no hint that what transpired was even hinted at.
In the course of the conversation, which was on speaker phone that my wife had with the renault representative, he failed to take any responsibility for the damage caused and even said that the courts would not deal with such a matter.
The gravamen of our complaint is that despite paying $283 for a duplicate key we only still have one key and the renault dealership wants us to bring our car to determine the fault but the issue of costs is left up in the air.
We will take our car on friday to see if this can be resolved (We are taking all steps to mitigate damages) but if this remains unresolved we reserve our legal rights.
Not happy renault not happy renault not happy renault

• Resolution Statement

• Renault Customer Care's Response · May 04, 2017

Dear Jon Jovanovic

We’ll surely forward this to the concerned country heard. They will get in touch with you to assist you further in this regard.

Jo