[Resolved] Renault — bad service faulty engine
My renault was in for the 30000 km service on the 11-10-2018 and i had to return it to the dealer where it was serviced on
the 13-11-2018 because there was something faulty in the engine. the car was stripped and the faulty parts where sent in
for engineering, and the alleged report came back saying the engine has to be replaced because it overheated. for 3 weeks
i was getting different stories from the dealer. They then called me on friday 30 november asking if the car is an accident
before which is yes, it happened last year june 2017. All the repairs where done by a renault approved panelbeater and all
the parts they bought were from renault itself. Everything was authorized by the insurance at the time, and the car was on
9500 km at the time. In this incident the car was at 27000km and which was serviced twice at the same dealer after the
accident happened. Renault then concluded that the over-heating of the engine was caused by the accident the car was in
so they wont replace the engine i have to pay for it, even though the car is still under warranty. I went to fetch the file at the
panelbeaters and the senior technician who worked on the vehicle told me that what they are saying is rubbish, beacause if
it were true the engine would have blown after a week. Not 16 500 km after it is impossible and they are lying. I am yet to
even see the so called report that came back from engineering .
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Renault Customer Care's Response, Dec 07, 2018
We’ll surely forward this to the concerned country head. They will get in touch with you to assist you further in this regard.
More Renault Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Renault - I am tired of phoning renault, I do not have the energy anymore 
- Renault Megane (2) 2006 - 2007 - car defects
- Renault - window regulator switches 
- Renault Latitude OEM Stereo Radio Car DVD Player GPS Navi Cav - 8070le - renault latitude oem stereo radio car dvd player gps navi cav-8070le
- Renault - terrible service quality 
- Renault SA - wrong model financed and no responsibility taken
- Renault Clio 1. 2 Va Va Voom - faulty aoirbags and seatbelts.
- Renault Clio - 5 year old car engine blows after full services, only 60k mileage and no other issues
- [Resolved] Renault - renault's poor service car parts for kwid
- Renault Clio 1. 5 DCI - faulty motor