Reliant Energy / incompetent billing with no protection
After hurricane Ike I expected a small delay in getting my bill. Instead I waited two months and then fearing a cut off I called in a complaint that I had not received the bills. The previous two months before Ike I had not received bills either and called to find out what I needed to pay and payed the bill including late fees for $407. This time I received a letter stating that they were looking into the problem. Then, just 2 days before Christmas, I received a bill for $1554. The usage history showed a spike charging me $900 one month and $500 the next. Calling a utility repair company I found that contacts in my air conditioner were fused. Sure enough a lot of power was used. If I had been billed properly I could have corrected the problem before the cost mounted so high.
I expected Reliant Energy to provide so sort of accomodation but they just refused to do anything. I immediately paid the bill and am making provisions for a lawsuite.
DO NOT trust this company!!
More Reliant Energy Complaints & Reviews
- Reliant Energy - outrageous bill 
- Reliant Energy - high energy charge 
- Reliant Energy - fraudulent marketing practices
- Reliant Energy - raised rate against 12 mo contract
- Reliant Energy - billing 
- Reliant Energy Retail Holdings - the ever increasing cost of my account without cause, without explanation. without the audit I requested
- Reliant Energy Retail Holdings - jj watt jersey texan plan promo
- Reliant Energy - reliant surge protection
- Reliant Energy - reliant energy / average billing scam
- Reliant Energy - worker