Reliance Home Comfort — problem with hot water tank change out/customer service/cancellation of account
September 4, 2017 a hot water tank needed to be switched out in my house and Reliance Home Comfort sent out a representative who determined I needed to have a specific tank installed; representatives came to install, who then informed that the tank could not be installed and a different tank would be needed. Third representative came out and said that the newly suggested tank could not be installed and I would have to go with the first one suggested. **Please note, all these representatives came out on different days and I had to take these day off of work.
A new date was given, which on that day I received a call from the person who was coming to install the tank...and they did not show up. I called Reliance, who advised me that they did not have me scheduled that day (even though I was provided confirmation from the representative who was at my house a few days prior.)
End result, I made arrangements with Enercare for a hot water tank installation. I called Reliance and advised them that I was going to be moving over to Enercare and that Enercare would be returning the hot water tank, and to PLEASE cancel all services I have with Reliance.
I have since received bills monthly stating that the hot water tank has not been returned (but I do have a copy of the Reliance Water Tank Return Receipt. To date, I have had to call because I am still being billed for the tank and for a protection plan that I also had asked to have canceled.
I made a call again today to Reliance to have this addressed. The person on the other end is "assuring me" this will be taken care of.
I guess we will now wait and see.
Suggestion: Have all Reliance personnel be on the same page when it comes to installation, suggesting a product, and even customer service needs to be on the same page with cancellation of product requests by customers.
I will never refer or use Reliance Home Comfort again.
More Reliance Home Comfort Complaints & Reviews
- Reliance Home Comfort - hot water heater rental 
- Reliance Home Comfort - lien on my house 
- Reliance Home Comfort - service 
- Reliance Home Comfort - furnace repair 
- Reliance Home Comfort - bill scam 
- [Resolved] Reliance Home Comfort - water softener, air filter
- Reliance Home Comfort - alleged damage to water heater 
- Reliance Home Comfort - no service provided with no not water
- Reliance Home Comfort - misrepresenting themselves as having purchased direct energy home services rental water heater contract
- Reliance Home Comfort - servicing of heating and ac unit acct# 005767827-2187073