Regional Passport Office, Bangalore / Delay in Passport issual

1 India Review updated:

I applied for a fresh passport for my new born baby in Bijapur on 16th Dec 2008 through the District Passport Cell, Bijapur, hoping that the passport will be issued with no worries as both the parents hold a valid passport.

I was informed by the officer that the passport will be issued in 15 - 20 days since there is no police verification required. I was assured that the application will be sent to RPO Bangalore within a day. I was promptly issued a file number as well and then the agony started and still continuing..

15 Days passed by there was no status of my application shown on the website, I asked my wife to visit the DPC there the officer informs that the application has not yet been sent, he also stated that if the passport is urgent you may take the application and send it through speed post. Not sure what on earth they were doing these 15 days and if I hadn't asked my wife to enquire it would have been still lying there sleeping. Just imagine the fate of other applications.

My wife then took the application and sent through speed post, it reached the RPO on 1st Jan. Again I checked on the website there was no trace of my application, after 10 days the status was shown as "Your file is under progress". The Application date is shown as 09-Jan-2009 and I wonder what caused the delay, I'm still waiting for the passport and there is no change in the status. God knows how long it is gonna until we receive our baby's passport.

Hail the government officials who do nothing, but still they pocket handsome salary at the end of the month. No amount of public forums will change the working style of our government departments until there is some sincerity followed. God help all Indians who pay taxes and still await a fair service...be it anything...

Sh

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009

Dear sir,

This is Sajad Ahmad Dar. I had applied for my Passport in Bangalore One, J P Nagar, Bangalore on 3th May 2008. My File Reference number is B074398.I am working in Bangalore from 1 Year 7 months IGATE GLOBAL SOLUTION LTD. I am residing at JP Nagar from 3 years.

After a Two months, my status on website was "Your Police Verification report has been received by us, and your file is in line for further processing." with a Green Flag. After 90 days from the date of my passport applied, the status was same with Red flag.Even though I approached Bangalore passport office they told your file has been send to J&k commissioner for further Process.

Till today my status is neither changed nor processed. And I approached again passport office Bangalore they told your file has send to J&k commissioner for further process, you have to follow yourself to get work done.As a layman how is possible I can Approach commisionar of J&k.Even though J&K police and CBI they did verification two months before at my hometown.They forwared file back to Bangalore on 16/02/2009, still status has not been changed.please tell me what i have to do so i will get passport. Already faced so many problems due to the delay in submission of my passport copy.My question is, they say that the verification itself is not completed, But why they have put the status as "Your Police Verification report has been received by us, and your file is in line for further processing." And why it was Green Flag on my status before, And why now they changed to the Red Flag for my status. and How can they miss the sensitive files so carelessly. If the Central Government Office itself is doing like this, then whom should the Citizens of Our India Trust ? Who is responsible for this negligence, though my part of work is done correctly.What I should do now, so I will get my passport as soon as possible. Please take action on my request and help me in
    getting passport.

Email id-saja2005saja@yahoo.co.in
    sajadahmad.dar@igate.com

28th of Feb, 2009

Hi,

I had a small issue in my passport. My Name And surname was in the same column. My surname column was blank. So when I visited your office in bangalore for this correction, they charged me Rs 1000 and told me that I will get a new pass part in 15 days. My question is,

1) Why should I pay Rs 1000, which is not of my fault? This is your fault while entering my name into the pass port earlier.

2) Before this, they are going to make the correction in the next page. why they are not doing it now? Why they are charging Rs 1000 for that?

• Di
      12th of Mar, 2009

Please file RTI application to seek the all releavant information(Its very simple like sending the letter to somewhere, just attach Rs. 10 postal order), absoloutly your issue will solve as your not at fault, keep all the status, docs and attached with the application. How to file RTI application, please visit following website
    RTIINDIA.ORG (All details, query, sample forms and)
    RTI.gov.in (What is RTI)
    CIC.gov.in(the major decisions and actions taken)

24th of Mar, 2009

sir, I have applied my passport on 27-08-2008. due to mismatching of address it was strucked up. recently I have changed my residence. my New address is N0.79/1 munnekolala, near ellamma temple, Flat No.202, IInd floor, marathahalli bangalore-37. my reference number is BO1921608. my date of birth is 19-02-1966

my old address is No.378, srinivasa building, (near cable operator jayappa house) yemlur, marathahalli
    bangalore-37. now What should I do ? pl advise me . this is my contact number 9663307023/9663884760/

• As
      25th of Mar, 2009

hi i had applied for my passport before two months ..but still now i didn`t get...i want to know why is it so delay..

• Sh
      11th of Apr, 2009

Hi, this is SHILPA.A.POAL I and my husband had applied for a passort from the Head Post Office (Bellary) on 15/12/2008 but we received my husband's passport but there was a initials mistake in my application and a letter was sent from RPO BLORE on 15/01/2009. Then we sent all the necessary information but still my passport is pending we have not yet received plz do needful since we are in urgency.

Thanks

SHILPA.A.POAL

• Hn
      24th of Apr, 2009

HI I AM H.N MOHAN . I HAVE APPLIED MY PASSPORT ON 03/03/2009 STILL NOW I DINT GOT IT. SO PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS

• Pr
      9th of May, 2009

dear sir
    My daughter shiny sushmitha Merlen file No w05001209 applied for passport on 06/01/09 .
    and last month we checked in the net and saw the status it says the file got objections, and then i got answer from the passport office what are the Objections. according to them i have submitedd all the documents. june 2009 my daughter as to visit U.K we really need passport as soon as possible. please kindly help me in this way.
    Prema shiny`s mother

21st of May, 2009

I have applied for the Passport, as i have lost my passport during my business trip to china. I have submitted my application along with all the necessary documents to RPO Bangalore on 01/04/09. When status is checked, it shows, PV report received and the file is under futher processing for almost one month with Red flag. When i tried to contact RPO no body receives calls, if we send mails .. no reply. My file no is H00493309.

What is to be done, ?

• Az
      24th of Jun, 2009

Respected sirmam

iam azeeza begum with file number W20045109 and the application date is 08/04/09 and my date of birth is 12/08/47 .sir i have submitted my passport application form on 0849 but til now i have not recieved any information about it.i request u sir plz do the rest verification and let me know about this .
    iam desperately waiting for my passport .

thanking u
    azeeza begum

• Mo
      29th of Jun, 2009

File # F00361509, Mohammed Rizwan, application 18/05/09, date of birth 20/06/87

Police verification report has been already sent by SHAHABAD police statiou on, dist GULBARGA, about 1 week back, but still the passport status shows that the report has been not recieved

I have been waiting for more than 50 days, request you please expedite the process

• In
      6th of Aug, 2009

Dear Sir,
    I, Indrani Mitra had applied for my Passport while studying at Manipal, since i had completed my Mba course in May 2009& had left Manipal with bag & baggage, it is not possible for me to collect the passport personally either from manipal or Bangalore.
    Hence I request you to kindly send my passport (Z750402)by Registered post to my present address & oblige. I aiso request to look into the matter as soon as possible.

Yours Faithfully,

Kingsway camp,
    Delhi-110009
    ph:- 9953911217

11th of Aug, 2009

i salmaan ahmed staying at no #1761 19main 2 sector bangalore -34 has not yet recieved my passport which i was given for renewal under tatkal and my file no is bnrro4024109 please send my passport by [post] immediatelly today

• Vi
      27th of Aug, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam

As per your information you have supposed to dispatch passport vide file no, W290858 - Vinoda kulkarni by 20/8/2009, but still internet showing your file is closed generated for correction, but there is no any correction in the details, so plz send passport at the earliest.

Thanks
    yours
    Vinoda Kulkarni
    file no: W290858
    Date of Birth:20/07/86

26th of Feb, 2010

dear sir
    My cousin shifa rashada passport file No w28067309 applyed on 27/05/09 .
    and her date of birth is 24/12/99 .sir we have submitted my passport application form on 27�5�9 but till now we have not recieved any information about it.we request u sir plz do the rest verification and let us know that what is the reason for this .
    we checked in the net and saw the status it says the file got objections, according to them we have submitedd all the documents. please kindly help me in this way.we are desperately waiting for her passport .

• Ze
      16th of Apr, 2010

THIS IS ZEENATHUNNISA.I KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO SEND MY PASSPORT BY TODAY-16/04/10 AS WE ARE LEAVING ON THE 19/04/10. I HAD APPLIED FOR IT ON THE 25/02/10.
    MY INFORMATION;

ZEENATHUNNISA

• Su

File B140591; date of birth: 13/10/1993
    Name: SURESH ARJUN

Sir, new passport application was submitted at Bangaloreone on 15/03/2010; TATKAL application given on 08/04/10. Promised date of dispatch is 13/04/10. Till date (16/04/10) passport not received, nor the status in RPO web page status has changed. I need the passport urgently, pls send immediately.

Thanks and regards,
    N Suresh Father of Suresh Arjun

• Su

File J140133, date of birth: 20/10/2000
    Name: SURESH ADVAITH

Sir, new passport application was submitted at Bangaloreone on 15/03/2010. Upon enquiry at RPO counter on 08/04/10, it was told that passport is allotted and will be dispatched within 5 days. Still not received. I need the passport urgently, pls send immediately.

Thanks and regards,
    N Suresh Father of Suresh Advaith

• Ri
      28th of Apr, 2010

dear sir,

i have send my passport 21 days back for correction, i.e., 7th april, for the correction in name.I reside in manipal, Karnataka. But i have not received it back. May i know what are the discrepancies?my fie no is - BNGW340676. My passport no is H3339668.

with regards,

ritesh

• Mo
      8th of May, 2010

File No. M003657/10 Name: Sumaiya Khanum Application: 22/2/2010 Date of Birth: 16/12/1987

dear sir,
    police verification report has been already sent by hassan police station on 3/5/2010, but still the Passport status shows that the report has been not received

i have been waiting for more than 2 months request you please expidite the process kindly help me

thanking you, your respectfully,