Redroof Jessup MDrude, nasty service & bugs

I stayed at the Jessup Maryland Red Roof Inn March 27, 2010.

The room had these bugs in them, and when I called the office they came out to see the bugs. They tried to tell me they were "normal maryland bugs" that they couldn't stop getting into the room. The manager was willing to change the room, but the room he put us in had urine on the floor in the bathroom. Because it was late at night there was no house keeping, and by the next day they still didn't clean the room. We asked for a refund, but they wouldn't give it.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Jessup, MD We said we rather stay at another place, but they said the card was charged and because they were willing to give us a new room that we had to stay.
The new room had NO HEAT and smelled so bad they gave us a spray bottle to use.
We refused to stay, and the front desk lady became so nasty she insulted me and my boyfriend with slurs and threats. We left, and rent at another Hotel and when we called to complain they said they had no history of us staying there and deny all claims BUT they charged us 89.00 for the night.
I advise people to STAY AWAY from there. I wish I read these complaints before i booked there. I still have not had my money refunded.

Ek

Comments

• Ek
      Apr 02, 2010

I stayed at the Jessup Maryland Red Roof Inn March 27, 2008. The room had these bugs in them, and when I called the office they came out to see the bugs. They tried to tell me they were "normal maryland bugs" that they couldn't stop getting into the room. The manager was willing to change the room, but the room he put us in had urine on the floor in the bathroom. Because it was late at night there was no house keeping, and by the next day they still didn't clean the room. We asked for a refund, but they wouldn't give it. We said we rather stay at another place, but they said the card was charged and because they were willing to give us a new room that we had to stay.
    The new room had NO HEAT and smelled so bad they gave us a spray bottle to use.

• Ek
      Apr 02, 2010

The date is wrong people. I stayed there this year March 2010.

Apr 07, 2011

What is it with Red Roof and urine all over the place? I thought our urine incident in Red Roof in Austin TX was maybe an isolated incident, but reading these complaints about Red Roof all over the country, it seems it must be a right of passage for RR employees to "mark" each room in every RR motel everywhere. Disgusting!