Redbox / unworking movie, bad service

1 NE, United States Review updated:

I had rented several times from Redbox, mostly without error. Its a good 25% chance, however, (In my experience), that one will receive a non-functional DVD.
I had just paid for these rentals not wanting to hassle with their (or what they call their) "Customer Service".

No longer. I rented once again..sigh, and it was a non-functional DVD.

I emailed customer service and asked them what I should do with this DVD as I did not want to return it to the machine for another unlucky customer to retrieve and then be charged..
They told me to return it and that I would be refunded.

No later than 2 days after I a) attempted to return the dvd to its source. (It was broken) b) had to find another redbox in my city to return it c)returned the dvd, I was charged 9.08, 1.08, and an additional 10.08...so, 20.16$ to rent a broken DVD.

Redbox states they will now not refund my money. I suggest everyone take the additional step to file a complaint with BBB. There are more than enough people here to file a classaction against Redbox. You won't be paid out much I am sure, but atleast it will finally give the proper image of this company.

I am so frustrated, I hope people read these boards and do not rent from Redbox.

Ju

Comments

• Re
      21st of Aug, 2010

The three charges you mentioned are not all for 1 DVD. You are being charged for another movie that was late.

• Co
      10th of Sep, 2010

You must have known that you would be charged for additional nights if the dvd was not returned ; It has always been the way redbox works, you should have thought about the fact that emailing probably wasn't the fastest method of getting something like this resolved and called the 1-800 number, as the customer support agents over the phone are able to do more and could've let you know to return the disk asap so you wouldn't be charged. Ultimately it was your choice to keep the disk for that long, we didn't ask you to or force you to, and we make it very obvious that you will be charged for additonal nights in the event that the dvd is kept longer than the initial first night ; Redbox does it's best to please our customers, but they also cannot be issuing refunds left and right or else we wouldn't be able to even afford customer service. Take responsibility for your own actions.

• Ju
      16th of Oct, 2010

Nah, ill stay with Netflix; Their service AND customer support beats you out, bar none.

Warning to prospective customers: Don't rent from this company; broken discs, bad attitude, no customer appreciation, and unwillingness to accept fault in obvious cases.