Redbox / unworking movie, bad service
I had rented several times from Redbox, mostly without error. Its a good 25% chance, however, (In my experience), that one will receive a non-functional DVD.
I had just paid for these rentals not wanting to hassle with their (or what they call their) "Customer Service".
No longer. I rented once again..sigh, and it was a non-functional DVD.
I emailed customer service and asked them what I should do with this DVD as I did not want to return it to the machine for another unlucky customer to retrieve and then be charged..
They told me to return it and that I would be refunded.
No later than 2 days after I a) attempted to return the dvd to its source. (It was broken) b) had to find another redbox in my city to return it c)returned the dvd, I was charged 9.08, 1.08, and an additional 10.08...so, 20.16$ to rent a broken DVD.
Redbox states they will now not refund my money. I suggest everyone take the additional step to file a complaint with BBB. There are more than enough people here to file a classaction against Redbox. You won't be paid out much I am sure, but atleast it will finally give the proper image of this company.
I am so frustrated, I hope people read these boards and do not rent from Redbox.
More Redbox Complaints & Reviews
- Redbox - charged me for a movie that I returned 
- Redbox - questionable business practices! 
- Redbox - machines not accepting returns 
- Redbox - constant charging for dvd returned 
- Redbox - overcharging 
- Redbox Automated Retail - charges
- Redbox Automated Retail - dvds
- Redbox Automated Retail - returning movies
- Redbox Automated Retail - online chat
- Redbox Automated Retail - never have I had a successful purchase from redbox