Raymour & Flanigan / poor customer service & no good warranties

Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
4.4
Phone: 215 533-5011

Im getting so stressed out. I purchased a whole living room set jan, 2006 It had a manufactures defect ! unknown to me. I had the platnum protection plan but: it didnt kick in yet! The manufactures warranty did. So Raymour & Flanigan replaced it under the manufacture warranty. But customer service coded it wrong and took out my platnum protection plan. And the replacement I received Jan, 2007 has the same problems discoloration, deflated seat cushions, and unravelling of threading. So Ive been calling to get help and im getting the run around. I called corporate, who said they coded it wrong I should still have my protection plan. But they wanted me to do a resale and buy another living room set. Sorry I cant go on its makeing so upset! I "hate this company. I feel so used and munipulated, and hurt I will never buy from there again ; Or recommend any one to themt. Not even my worst enemy.

Comments

Bi
  5th of Nov, 2011
Just an FYI on your comments regarding the warranties. All furniture, regardless of where you buy it, comes with, at least, a limited 1 year manufacturers warranty. If find that your furniture has a defect, within the first year, there should be no reason that the company wouldn't take care of you. The Platinum Protection plan is a 5 year damage warranty and does not apply to defects. That is all clearly stated in the protection plan literature that you received. As far as the improper coding goes, it appears that a human being made a mistake and the company is doing their best to take care of you. I'm not sure what all of the manipulation is, although certainly, the whole experience of dealing with a big purchase that is not perfect, and up to your expectations, is unsettling for the consumer and the company.

Just on a side note about warranties, I purchased furniture from Diamond Furniture and thought it was funny because the Sales rep let me know that they were going to throw in a one year warranty with the furniture at no charge. Thanks for giving me something that I'm already entitled to jag offs!

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Logo Raymour & Flanigan Furniture