[Resolved] Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah / credit card charges and harassment

Dubai, United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I receive a collections letter one day after my credit card payment is due. This time due to the fact that I cannot activate my new credit card despite trying several times sending sms messages to 4595 and receiving no activation code. What other way is there to activate the card? I go into the branch and they say that they cannot help me and that I have to do it online. Here is my internet banking problem all over again. For 3 years I have been going into rak bank and for 3 years have had just complete frustration at the lack of help, expertise and general lack of care that I have received. It has truly been a terrible experience. Now I have to deal with credit card shield like so many others I did not sign up for, was never brought to my attention and was never addressed by anyone. I am really sick of the lack of support and constant harasssment by your collection people who do not even give you a weeks grace without getting nasty. I have had this bank. It is truly awful. I am now trying to close my account but noone can tell me in the branch how to do that either. Good old marina branch. Terrible

• Resolution statement

• Dear Customer,
    Please contact us on 04-2130000 or provide your contact number for us to reach you. Thank you.

Regards,
    RAKBANK Team

Un
Jan 25, 2017

Comments

• Ni
      30th of Jan, 2017

Horrible bank and bad customer care people who don't know what they are talking . A bunch of fools working for this bank who are completely clueless.