RadioShackgot screwed

First, I was paying my bill online and accidentally clicked the wrong amount, paying 252.00 instead of 25.00. Realizing my mistake immediately, I called customer service. The woman I spoke to claimed that the request had already been sent to my bank (this was five minutes later) It took three weeks, two trips to the bank, and a dozen phone calls and the bottom line was Radio Shack managed to DOUBLE MY BILL. For a person who is just scrapping by, 252 dollars is a matter of staying afloat.

Now my camera got a crack in the screen. When I called to file a claim, they told me my plan didn't cover it and they refused to honor my protection plan, telling me it did not cover what the salesman told me it covered. So now I am paying 400 dollars for a camera that I used for four months! I wish there were something I could do. I don't have a ton of money. Getting that camera was a huge splurge for me and it has been nothing but stress and I'm so frustrated.

Me
May 04, 2013

Comments

Mar 25, 2009
    RadioShack - Rude Associate
    RadioShack
    Salisbury
    North Carolina

I had called the manager to ask about a product, and i asked about the model number. Instead of helping me, he said " anything else you need, Im only gonna make one trip!" It made me feel like i was bothering him...they have permantly lost my business.

• Sh
      Apr 02, 2009

meh, get over it, honestly. Thats not much of a complaint IMO. So what if you felt like you were bothering him. Thats the customers job, to bother, more or less. Like Twitter mentioned, poor guy could have been running back and fourth all day, or maybe hes just some lazy ### who didnt wanna get out of his chair, or maybe he just didnt read his job description and didnt realize he was going to have to be running back and fourth to the stock room to give potential customers information.

• Ra
      Jul 04, 2009
    RadioShack - Disception about insurance
    RadioShack Paramount, Ca
    15737 Downey Ave
    Paramount
    California
    Phone: [protected]

Salesperson lied that we had to purchase insurance. He was going to hike up the price if we didn't. When we found out it was a lie, they became belligerant and nasty. They refused to return insurance money to us.

• 11
      Sep 20, 2009

He could be running back and forth all day because some customers like to call and shop over the phone while 20 people stack up at the front counter waiting for service. In the mean time, those customers waiting in line come on here and complain about the company because they didnt get prompt service while they were there. Get off your behind and go to the store to shop. Tell me one other comapny that will ever attempt to answer 50 questions for a customer over the phone.

• Br
      Mar 30, 2011
    RadioShack - Refunds
    Radio Shack
    Hawthorne
    California

I brought a soldering iron at RadioShack in Hawthrone Ca. The next day found out that we didn’t need it and I took it back for a refund. The package was not open in fact it was never taken out of the bag. I was told that all sales are finale and that there is no refund of any of there products. It’s no wonder that there going bankrupt. I will never buy a another product from them again.

• Br
      May 11, 2011

I did call there corporate office and it seems that it was also news to them that all sales were final. Corporate office call the franchise were I made the purchase and told me to go back for my refund. Talked to the same manager who all of sudden had a entirely new policy on refunds and return my money with a fake smile.

• Op
      May 11, 2011

I'm sure he did, and that little faux pas will go into his permanent file.

• Ta
      May 06, 2013

My dh did the same thing while paying Direct TV. $330.00 instead of the $33.00 that he meant to pay. He had the phone in his hand and called immed after hitting the 'submit button' but the CS person said that the payment had already gone through.

It tooks almost a 3 weeks before Direct Tv put the money back.