QWest modem / fraud. unethical practices
I tried getting on to my wireless internet on my laptop but was unable as there was not internet options. I called QWest to trouble-shooting. They told me it was my computer. They did not check my modem. I called my computer support, they charged me $297.00 to check it out the software. After several hours of trying to get my online, they decided I needed to re-install Windows saving the data on my computer. Several hours later a technician from the computer company called and was going to bring up the data so I could use it. He was unable to "take control my computer". He suggested that we have a conference call with QWest. After a hour later, the Qwest employee said she wanted to check my modem. It was a defective modem.
When calling QWest, they would not reimburse any amount for the charge from my computer company. "Even though they were wrong with not checking my modem with the first call, they are not responsible for the computer company charges".
I now have changed to another company for my phone and internet!!!
QWest thinks because they are big, they can charge anything they want (my monthly bill is over $250.)
More QWest modem Complaints & Reviews
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service 
- [Resolved] Century Link - century link rip off 
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service 
- Century Link Dsl - misrepresentation of services and fees 
- CenturyLink - huge overcharges and fraudulent billing 
- CenturyLink - tv and internet service
- CenturyLink - internet service infrastructure in iowa city
- CenturyLink - technical support
- CenturyLink - cancellation
- CenturyLink - bundled service with direct tv and improper billing to customer