Quality Inn / harrassement and bullying at work

3125 TOPAL DRTrinidad, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 719-846-4491
I was promoted to a new positon, three weeks ago. That when the harrassment started employees were throwing trash in my office on the floor and they would come in and tell me to clean it up and I was #ed and idot, when I would order food from the restuarant the employee would mess with my food. Another time an employee from the kitchen theartened to beat me up. I report this to the supervisor chris and he told me that wasnt harrassement. Then on friday september 19, 2008 there was a banquet funeral held at the quality inn, and rosie an employee there also started yelling at me and callling me stupid and continue to degrade me in front of customers and chris (The supervisor) was right there and done nothing but let it happened. This situation has made me not go back to my job because I felt no one would defend me with the employees and what the surrounding. I fear for myself that I was going to get beat up when I left work. But chris the supervisor would not put an end to it. Chris was letting this happen and it was unfair. Im a single mother with one child that is 7 months old. I enjoy this job very much and I went to work even on my days off when asked. I hope that I do hear from you and something is done with situation. I greatly appreicate you reading this thank you amanda mestas (Former employee)

Comments

An
  30th of Sep, 2008
that should not be able to happen in a work place it just not fair that this young adults are out there trying to make a living and not on welfare. Who there to protect this employees sounds like not the supervisor or other employees, and how many other employees went through this without filing some kind of claim is this right or are we just gonna let the supervisor and other employees get away with it.Some one stand up for the rights of these employees
Jl
  10th of Oct, 2008
when someone THREATENED you with violence you need to get the P.D involved and make report, let them know that you are afraid for your safety regardless of your supervisor... Don't play the victim and stand up to them...
Ce
  4th of Dec, 2008
It's not a nice place to stay if management allowed this incident to happen and not "reward" the people who mistreated this employee. This attitude would carry over into other areas of the hotel and into the guest services. I wouldn't want to eat there!!

Choice Hotels International Logo Choice Hotels International