Qantas / engine not working
Well, my story is about QF 975 Townsville to Brisbane Yesterday 15th February 2010. Just imagine...we've just boarded the flight, taken our seats, buckled in and the doors are closed and the pilot comes on the loud speaker and says something to the effect "Welcome onboard flight 975 to Brisbane, just to let you all know that one engine is not working. Therefore, we are going to start one engine here at the gate and you will all feel some shuddering, then we will push back and jump start the second engine as we have no power to it as it is broken. Other than that it will be a normal flight to Brisbane."
Well helloooooo!!! This is not normal...The plane is in desparate need of repairs and they have boarded approximately 100 passengers and jump started the plane to get it in the air.
Passengers stare at each other in disbelief!! I am sure that many of them are thinking what I am...Do I get off! Will we make it to Brisbane? What else is not working?
Perhaps it was safe practice...certainly not normal practice...but I would like to believe that any plane I was getting in and putting my life into someone elses hands was 100% safe and opperational.
Poor form Qantas, how to instill confidence in an airline!!!
More Qantas Complaints & Reviews
- Qantas - escorted of the plane 5 mins before take off 
- Qantas - lost baggage
- Qantas - qantas is a scam 
- Qantas - lies, deception and fraud.
- Qantas - ground officer abuse of power
- Qantas Airways - staff
- Qantas Airways - poor and rude customer service by flight and ground staff
- Qantas Airways - dreamliner to perth & singapore to heathrow service.
- Qantas Airways - sr2015699 - qantas frequent flyer member services
- Qantas Airways - rude ground staff and trouble getting wheel chair for elderly passenger.