PUTCO BUS DRIVER / DANGEROUS DRIVING

1 South Africa Review updated:

On Friday 12 February we were on the M1 South near the Houghton off ramp. We noticed a bus driving dangerously close to a mercedes in the fast land - it was peak hour traffic. The bus kept getting closer and when the other driver wouldnt pull over (they couldnt) he swerved into our land behind us. If our driver hadnt accelerated the bus would have clipped our vehicle probably causing us to spin. We shouted at him and waved frantically and he pulled back into the fast lane - immediately driving close behind the car in front of him. It was moving at a faster pace so he started to overtake us (we were in the middle lane) as he did so, he swerved his bus towards our car forcing our driver to swerve a little towards vehicles in the slow lane. His driving was erratic, aggressive and extremely dangerous and he was carrying passengers. Had he made contact with our vehicle or one of the ones he seemed to be chasing, a very nasty accident might have ensued!
The registration number of the bus was WWM 379 GP; the bus was 9415G and the time of the incident was 18.09pm Friday 12th Feb 2010
This guy should have his licence rescinded and given a hefty fine and never permitted to carry passengers ever again!!! Or drive!!!

Comments

• Ta
      16th of Feb, 2010

I experienced exactly the same with a Putco bus on Monday 15th Feb 2010 at around 08h15 just before the Rivonia turnoff, I was not able to get the registration number etc as I was trying not to be hit by him. Putco buss drivers are a law unto themselves, they think that because their busses are bigger than cars we must move for them. Secondly this driver was travelling at a speed in excess of 120km, crossing lanes without indicating and having a total disregard for the rules of the road.

• Do
      26th of May, 2010

On the 19th April at 6:00pm my mother and i went to drop one of her colleuges of at home, it was raining terribly that night. We were on the corner of Soutpansberg Dr & C.R Swart in Pretoria. The robot was red and a Putco bus smashed in to the back of us. The bus skided 54 meters before hitting us with such a major force that we hit the car in front of us and both my mother and i knocked unconcience. I was 7 months pregnant and went into premature labour the next day. We went to my doctor, when he did a sonar to check if the baby was distressed we saw that my baby's heart had stoped dues to the intense stress my body was in. I gave natural birth to my little boy on the 21st April. My mother suffered from facial injuries and now needs to undergo reconstruction for her nose. I lost my baby because the driver was driving to fast. On the scene of the accident my father went to speak to the driver to find out what had happened, the driver turned to my dad and laughed in his face. I'M DISGUSTED, HEARTBROKEN AND ANGRY!!!

• Hp
      12th of Sep, 2010

This photo was taken from my vehicle whilst sitting in the traffic on Friday afternoon in Jean ave. in Centurion.
    This Putco bus driver decided that he would not tollerate the traffic and decided to over take us all on the right side of the road against up coming traffic. If we want to lead SA this way we all will be ending up in our graves.
    Hennie Prinsloo