Purolatorno ring, 5 days until I can pick up. absurd

So, I ordered I microphone from newegg.ca as my Christmas gift to myself. The expected delivery was to a friends house as I work in the am on weekdays. upon delivery day, there were people home. the doorbell does work, I used to live in the house. Nobody rang, and was tracked as a failed delivery and left the pickup note of doom. People were home, if there was any effort to actually deliver the package, it was the lightest knock on the door. I called the office at 2 pm upon seeing the failed delivery, I live in the capital of my province, a major city, and on Christmas eve they told me all the packages were locked up now and all the drivers are not working and that they couldn't redirect my delivery to my business. firstly, Hell would freeze over before a major city has its Christmas eve deliveries finished by 2 pm. That was a lie. so this Christmas, nothing for me that day, my Christmas is locked in a cage somewhere. Now, I wouldn't be as angry as I am, if I could have just gone to the pickup location on boxing day to retrieve my microphone. no. This company feels its ok to take a 5 day vacation and shut down until the 29th. This company obviously does not care about its customers and I will never ship with them again.Thank you for ruining my Christmas, and by the looks of your Facebook page, countless others as well.

Da
Dec 25, 2014

Comments

•   Dec 29, 2014

Hello David,
    We are so sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered with your shipment. Please feel free to email us at [protected]@newegg.com and reference this post. We would be happy to help in anyway we can.

•   Dec 29, 2014

HI David,

Thanks for taking the time to share about your recent experience with Purolator. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I’ll forward your concerns regarding our Holiday Schedule to our operations team to look into for the future. I’d also like to follow up with the driver who attempted delivery of the package. Would it be possible, to email us your tracking number to customer.[protected]@purolator.com?

Jérémie