Pure Medical Spa / My face was burned in a laser treatment

1 1614 Redwood HighwayCorte Madera, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 415-945-9430

I received a fractional laser treatment (similar to Fraxel) of my lower face in February 2008, over three months ago, and my face is still red from the burns I received! I asked a lot of questions before the treatment, and I was told by both the nurse and the manager that my downtime would be "3 to 5 days." Now, over 3 months later, the area that was treated is so red that I still have to use concealer makeup to cover it. I met another woman who had been treated at Pure Med Spa with the same laser by the same nurse. Her face is still red seven months after her treatment!

Another horrible result of my treatment was the four cold sores that broke out on my upper lip the day after. (I don't normally get these, so I was shocked by how ugly they are.) The nurse, Denise, who administered this treatment was, obviously, much too aggressive in her use of the laser. That was my first treatment. You would think she would have had the good sense to be conservative until she knew how my skin would respond.

The next time I have a treatment like that (if this redness ever does go away), it will be by an M.D. who has had years of experience using that type of laser.

Ni

Comments

15th of Jul, 2008

i have been a customer of pure med spa for years now and have not had one single problem i find it funny how clients breaking out in cold sores some how makes pure med spa responsible . As a client you sign many consent form that inform you that BURNS are possible especially if you have had to area being treated exposed to sun ...

• Ju
      4th of Feb, 2009

I had a problem at Pure med spa. They took my money and only after they told me that particular location only has one person who can preform the services that I paid for and that person had the exact same schedule as mine.
    So for over 3 months I tried getting them to either have her come in on her day off, transfer my credit to a different location (turns out all of those specialist have the same schedule), or give me my money back. (over $300). They gave me such a run around, I was ready to take them to court. I know $300 is not a lot of money, but the principal.
    Anyways, I ended up calling a manager in the other location and told her all about this issue and I offered for them to preform other procedure in exchange for the funds they were holding. She agreed.
    When I went in for the procedure (Restalyn) the nurse was not very friendly, she was moving very slow and ended up making over 40 injections. (Restalyn normaly takes 8 or 10).
    Issue got resolved, but I am not going there again.

• Ra
      6th of Nov, 2009

I have had burns from my treatment and the story is long but would anyone recommend an attorney. thanks