Pure Medical Spa / Beware of them

Beware of their "consultants". These are 20 something girls that really don't have proper knowledge to quote you on procedures. They billed me 9 days before my procedure and of course no refunds. When I went in for my procedure (botox and restylane) nearly everything I was told by the "consultants" was incorrect. I went through with it because I had already been charged ($1276). Now it is 1 month later and I did not get results anywhere near what I was told to expect. I suspect they dilute their botox with too much saline (I am speculating) but you would think 72 units would have been more effective. They sold me 1 syringe of restylane which wasn't enough for all the areas they said it would cover so that day I had to choose where to get it and where not to. I am pretty disappointed. I spent a lot of money for next to nothing results. If I do anything like this again I will go to a doctor's office for a proper consultation. I will never go here again. When I contacted the regional manager her solution was for me to come back and be evaluated then I could give them more of my money so they could try to get it right.

Va

Comments

• Ka
      7th of May, 2008

I am a client at Pure Med Spa for the past 2 years, the treatments I have had including Botox and Restylane have been outstanding!!! I refer my friends coworkers and will continue to do so.

• Cy
      15th of May, 2008

Pure Med Spa has been reported to the attorney general has been scamming people for the last four years. The company has changed their name four times. They have been dropped by care credit for fraudulant activity.

Pure Med Spa doesn't even have a licenced medical director and the director of nurscing resigned because of the flagrently immoral practices of the company.

Beware

• Re
      15th of May, 2008

KCAL LA along with the news magazine 20/20 has featured not so flattering stories about Pure Med Spa.
    Some of the complaints include permanent burns to patients with the syneron lasers along with many unotherised charges to clients and lawsuits galore.

The manager at the fashion square location in Sherman Oaks, Ca is a total buble brain with a hustlers spirit.She will say what ever her little brain can think of to sell something.She "so belives in the company" she says. Honey can't you find a better job on Hollywood Blvd. ?

• He
      17th of May, 2008

Pure Med Spa has been an a nightmeare! I feal like a total fool for even walking into a medical spa in a mall. Most of the staff remind me of girls who would dream of becoming a Hooters girl or something totaly degrading. The big problem is that they have a huge appetite for lieing. I was sold a package of five photofacials and pre paid $2, 300. It took me more than four weeks to get an appointment. When I came in for the appointment the nurse told me that I have a skin condition called melasma and that I would not be a candidate for a photo facial. So, I naturaly thought that I would recieve a refund. The wana be hooters valley girl with a big smile said we have a no refund policy. I will be contacting my attorney.

• Te
      20th of May, 2008

I've had a few bad experiences, but when the botox didn't work properly, I went in and threw a tiny fit in front of other customers, so they treated me again.

72 units of Botox? That's a huge amount! It takes 20 for my forehead.

The IPL treatments have done virtually nothing, so I wasted 1500 dollars there.

I'm just glad I paid cash, because it sounds like people who applied for financing are the ones who really got taken.

22nd of May, 2008

I went to Pure Med Spa in Corte Madera, Ca and had the laser treatment done, which I paid $5, 000 in advance for 10 sessions. After the 3rd session I immediately had blisters come up in my face and went back into them and showed them the marks. The nurse that was there told me that it was good that I was burnt because it meant that I had "a good treatment". Now i'm left with 'white scars' that I cannot cover with make up and I feel like I can't leave the house and go into public because my face is so scarred. Now the slightest bit of sun that get's on my face shows up the scars on my face where they burned me. Needless to say after I didn't go back for my 4th visit, they did not give me a refund. So I paid $5, 000 to have horrific scars that causes me great pain and discomfort, physically and mentally. I have a lawyer that has taken on my case on contingancy, I would like to hear from anyone who would be interested in taking part in a class action lawsuit. Please email me if you are interested, I would love to see justice for us all, and I know my lawyer would be interested in hearing from any other unhappy people that went there.

My advice to anyone thinking of going to pure med spa, is to think again. I wouldn't wish these scars on my worst enemy. Save your money and your skin and your life.

• Ga
      22nd of May, 2008

I also went to pure med spa and have the scars to prove it. My skin was always something that I felt proud of and I got many comments on how good my skin was, and people couldn't understand why I would want to get laser treatment on my already great skin. However, I felt like it could use a little tune up and being that Pure Med Spa was in a respectful mall in an affluent area, I thought that was a good sign. I wish I had looked into it a little further and did more research, as now they have ruined my life. No, I'm not being dramatic. I am like the other poster who cannot leave the house. I am afraid to pick my daughter up from school for fear of other kids laughing at me or maybe harassing my daughter because her mom looks scary with a scarred face. This is really no laughing matter and I would be interested in making a legal move. I have nothing else left to loose, they have taken my pride, dignity and self esteem. I learned the hard way that if something isnt broken, don't try to fix it.

Don't fall for Pure Med Spa's con, I honestly think the few good reviews were posted by people who work for the company or the evil people that own this butcher business. Oh, I also wrote to the head corporate office with pictures of my blistered and scarred skin and they did nothing. These people are money grubbing theifs who prey on people they feel are weak. they figure if you're having a procedure done, you're vain and will be too weak minded to come back at them, well thats not the case. I would love to get some legal advice on this whole deal.

22nd of May, 2008

I'm posting again with information on my lawyer incase anyone is interested in filing a group suit or want to file seperately. My lawyers information is Paul Kranz email is Kranzp@aol.com phone number is (510) 549 5903. You can ask for his paralegal who's name is Talia.

Thanks

• Va
      16th of Jun, 2008

I HATE THIS PLACE ... I WALKED IN WITH TWO GIFT CERTIFICATES AND WANTED TO BOOK THE SERVICES FOR THESE TREATMENTS, ALL WENT WELL. I WAS SCHEDULED TO COME BACK JUNE 16TH 2008 AT 11AM, I ARRIVED AT 10:45 JUST TO BE SAFE. LUCKILY FOR ME, WHAT SEEMED TO BE A 16 YEAR OLD WHO WAS GOING TO DO MY FACIAL LAZER TREATMENT, WAS RUNNING REALLY LATE, I GOT BORED SO I WENT TO THE FRONT DESK TO MAKE SURE THAT MY SERVICES WERE TAKEN CARE OF IN FULL WITH MY GIFTCARDS BECAUSE, THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TOLD THE DAY OF THE BOOKING, THE DAY THEY TOOK THE CERTIFICATES AND FILED THEM WITH MY FILE. WELL NOT ONLY DID THEY NOT HAVE MY GIFT CERTIFICATES THEY DID'NT EVEN HAVE THE SAME EMPLOYEE WORKING THERE THAT HAD INITIALLY TAKEN THEM FROM ME THEY TOLD ME SHE NO LONGER WORKS THERE. "SORRY THERE IS NOTHING THAT I CAN DO FOR YOU RIGHT NOW"... SO TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT SOMEONE HAS MY CERTIFICATES THAT ARE VALUED OVER $500 AND NO ONE IS HELPING ME ...SERIOUSLY PEOPLE THIS PLACE IS FULL OF SCAMS, SHAME ON THEM THIS IS WHY THERE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS... I WANT MY GIFT CARDS BACK NOW NOW NOW THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE AND I WENT TO THE SCHAUMBURG STORE SAVE YOURSELF PEOPLE I WILL NEVER TELL ANYONE ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS PLACE NEVER EVER...

18th of Jun, 2008

I am ashamed to say that I was an employee for Pure Med Spa... I can vouch for any of these complaints on this website and at this point nothing suprises me. I was fired for helping clients that did not and could not receive help from the corporate offices. The location I worked out of was ignored completely from any of the employees in the corporate office. The manager (who was a shark and a liar) of the location was gone for six months on "medical leave" ;and upon her arrival was more than angry that the employee's that had worked beneath her had managed the store better than her while she was gone. Our location had had many complaints from clients for several different reasons. Although the nurse we had at the time was not responsible for the complaints, past nurses had burned clients and injected people horribly... also, the location closest to ours was sending ALL their clients to see our nurse, because their nurse was not only burning clients with the laser, but was injecting botox restylane and meso therapy incorrectly. They were also selling packages to clients, when they knew they had no one to perform the procedures. This company has absolutely NO REMORSE for ANY of its clients. I am helping as many clients as I can in their cases against Pure Med Spa. I am also currently trying to file my own lawsuit against them. So to all of you who have issues with Pure Med Spa, realize that they don;t even care about their employee's and that people are fired from there ALL the time...

If you have any questions I will be happy to resp;ond to any questions...

• Bo
      5th of Dec, 2018

@Anonymous employee I would very much like to speak to you. I recently started a position as a nurse with Pure Med Spa. However when I brought up concerns about patient safety issues and concerns about my license, I was terminated. Is there any way I could speak to you? My email is toolnuse25@yahoo.com

19th of Jun, 2008

I am yet again another scammed client by Pure Med Spa in Washington state...

I've been to Pure Med Spa - and can i just say - TOTAL scammers and liers (and each different branch gives you a 'special deal' when either way you find out u're overpaying compared to a majority of the people who'd do Velashape or laser). they're like car salesmen.

I am STILL dealing w/ their bs and trying to get their main corporate number - but can't. does anyone have it by any chance??? i really need to contact them and give them a peice of my mind and try to resolve an issue.

(o! forgot to mention i'm a healthy 115lbs, so clearly that should have been a factor for the better - HOWEVER in WA state you realize they rip you off like no other, and then they were feeding me stories about the treatment should be when i had done research and each office said something different, and i went to an accredited source, and realized all their 'stories' and explanations were wrongly said and done on me - but the biggest thing that gets me is the fact their customer service sector is practically nonexistent and don't get me started on the financial aspect of it...)

• Pa
      1st of Aug, 2008

Ok, so this place sell very expensive snake oil.

I was sold a package of five refirm treatments along with five matrix ir treatments. My problem? Well I'm 43 years old and I would like to look a little more youthful.

I spent over 3k for the treatments and I have not seen any improvement in my looks at all. Not only did I have terrible customer service along with a bi polar nurse who has a drug problem. I spent a great deal of money and experienced no benefit. The clinic in Sherman Oaks, CA doesn't even have a camera to track progress. This is intentional because they know there will be no noticeable improvement. The manager at the clinic is always asking if I am like so excited about my treatments. Oh, that would be a resounding NO!

Don't waste your time and money on things that don't work. Go to a great surgeon and have a sub muscular face lift. Buy some nice skin care products at Sephoria or Sacks, eat a healthy diet, get plenty of
    sleep and thats all you can do.

• Sh
      19th of Aug, 2008

I posted this on another thread here but it bears repeating:
    Their HQ is in Canada, I'd send a certified letter (ESPECIALLY if you didn't sign a contract, as I didn't) and also call, call, call, as many times as you can afford, document when you called, who you left a message for, and say the words "lawsuit" as often as you can. Tell them you have sent a certified letter, tell them you will file a lawsuit, tell them it's worth your time and energy for the money.

Pur Med Spa Head Office
    87 Avenue Road, Suite 273
    Hazelton Lanes
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada M5R 1B8
    the phone # listed for that address was 416-408-0305

The D&B site "Manta" has this info & address (same phone number):
    Pure Laser Hair Removal & Treatment Clinic (Canada) Inc (Pure Med Spa)
    116 Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada
    Phone: (416) 408-0305
    Also Does Business As:Pure Med Spa
    SIC:Physical Fitness Facilities
    Line of Business:Physical Fitness Facilities

The current president is William C (Bill) Korner and the V-Chairman of the Board is Jeff Nourse. Good luck to all of us!

• Sh
      13th of Sep, 2008

OMG...I will NEVER EVER EVER go to this place again. STAY AWAY STAY AWAY and go to an MD that does these treatments...they are better outfitted for this type of work and they have MALPRACTICE INSURANCE to boot! Pure Med Spa ripped me off too in WA STATE!

• Lo
      24th of Sep, 2008

I'm sorry to hear of all of the abuses and neglect. The people who are running this medical spa business are ruining the industry. I can tell you that most are not like this. The MD's, PA (physicians assistants), NP's and RN's are serious professionals. What is key, however, as in this case, is who is running the business. Are they medical spa professionals? All of the disasters in the industry have happened because the principals were not of and in the industry. In Pure's case, the original owner / manager was a fast talking former car painting outlet owner (that certainly doesn't inspire confidence) and his cohort was a manic depressive, psyc. who scared away any good employees with her relentless OCD and ranting. So from the top rolls down the you know what. Why Bill Korner hasn't been able to improve on an already dismal record, I can only believe that it is too much for him. Go figure, I heard this character Jeff Nourse and his foaming at the mouth sidekick are now going to run Brightsmile's retail. Look for the end of that system...

1st of Nov, 2008

I've done a bit of digging and have come up with a bit of updated information for everyone. True...Jeff Nourse is no longer with the company.

Also, corporate headquarters is no longer in Canada...they are now in Alpharetta, GA. Pure Med Spa
    3440 Preston Ridge Rd Alpharetta, GA 30005 phone number: (678) 954-5300 . I believe a poster above stated they could not locate corporate, so there it is!

Indianapolis, Indiana clients...the spa officially closed its doors on Saturday Nov. 1st. I really do hope we get reimbursed, as I am halfway through my treatments. Because if we don't, I am joining forces with you all on pursuing legal matters. I will try and contact the medical director (who has his own practice in the city) first thing Monday to see if he hopefully will be honoring my remaining package for laser hair removal.

I hate to hear that the staff in other locations was so bad, but I do have to say that the staff at the Indiana location was very professional and knowledgable (probably from having years of experience elsewhere). The injectibles nurse did the best job I've ever had, and the two estheticians I had been working with there since June always took time to make sure I was adequately cooled after each and every treatment. It's not their fault they worked for a shady corporation.

5th of Nov, 2008

I just bought my package. So I have about 900.00 dollars in unused treatments. And our locations here in Washington has also closed their doors for "inventory" but have moved all their stuff out of the location. So now I don't have any idea how to get my money back that I am making payments on! If anyone finds anything out please let us know!

6th of Nov, 2008

In my case, I got lucky. They only shut down one office. My case file was transfered to the other office. I am going to hurry and make my appointment to finish up the hair removal treatments though... I don't trust that the other will not close down. Wish me luck.

In regards to the office and the treatments. Until they closed down, I had always gotten great services, very professional, and have been very happy witht the progress of the hair removal.

• Nu
      17th of Nov, 2008

OMG-don't go to these places. Go to a Dr's office. The filthy Pure Med in Fairfield finally closed down. It was the worst! The nurse Carol wouldn't treat you if you were 2 minutes late-literally. All she did was talk about how young she looked (she did not-smoker, drinker) and told dirty jokes. She did give me free botox and hair removal if I gave her a hefty tip. The staff was very unprofessional. They closed down without giving notice. I have to drive to Walnut Creek to finish my treatments.

25th of Nov, 2008

Talk about fradulent and unethical -that would be Pure Med Spa. The store here in WA at the Kitsap Mall continued to take money from people and take on new clients when they KNEW they were closing their doors. How does a company that has a corporate office, staff, etc. allow one of their stores to rip people off right up til the 'Closed for good' sign goes up?? I gave these people $900.00 dollars up front for services I had not yet recieved. The following week -right before my appointment- I received a phone call from their Corporate office cancelling my appointment. They wer telling me the store had closed that very minute and that I could receive services at an alternate location. Unfortunately, the other location was a 100 miles away. I called back to Corporate office and got nothing but the run around for three days. Finally on day four I contacted Lori Karas who is Pure Med spa's company ###ter, assured me that my money would be refunded and to give it a couple of weeks.. saying things like 'okay, I just put your refund in our computer data base and give it a couple of weeks'. Three weeks went by and still no refund. I called back to speak to Lori and got yet another B.S. story about how they need to have the files sent over from the 'closed' store so she could review my account to make sure that I was telling the truth!! Huh?? what happened to 'wait a couple of weeks and you'll have your refund?" I never received ANY services for the 900.00 dollars that I paid and now I can't get my money back. These horror stories you hear about Pure Med Spa are true! These people are complete con-artists! Anyway, I've made clear to Lori Karas that I will in fact be turning all this over to my Attorney and I am in fact starting a law suit. Businesses like this should simply NOT exist!