Pulte Homes / they build junk

I'm the second owner of a Pulte townhouse in Illinois which is now about 5 years old. What a dump. Terrible, substandard construction throughout.

Drywall seams between ceiling and walls are separating in every room in the place. The floors squeak (more like groan) in the master bedroom (two different spots), upstairs hallway, dining room and living room. I've lived in 100 year old houses that didn't have floor noise like this.

The stairs between the first and second floor creak so much, I fear I will have to tear out the carpeting and repair.

The kitchen light between the windows isn't even centered and you have to swag it to the side anyway so you can put a table under it. If you leave it in original position the refrigerator door slams into the chairs (nice job by the architect!).

Don't ever buy from this builder. The models look wonderful. The actual homes are junk.

Ro

Comments

• Ac
      14th of Mar, 2011

Itotally agree with all the complaints about Pulte Homes. We purchased from them several years back and our down payment was secured by a bridge loan on our first home. The market basically crashed during the process, but before Pulte would exted the loan 30-60 days, which their companies provided, they started forclosure on our first home. Fortunae for us, we were able to carry two mortgages fo over one year. Within 24-36 months our Pulte home began to show wear; wood peeling, bricks molting, windows falling apart…and my neighbors have had worse problems.