Public Storage / public storage rent increase vs. new rental offerings
I moved to Johns Creek, GA in February, 2015 and had to downsize from 5-bedroom home to 2-bedroom apartment. Rented a 10x30 Storage Unit for $244. After only 4-months later the rent was increased to $286 (17% increase). 2nd Lease Renewal increase rent to $335 (another 17%).
Property Manager (John) unable to help, but he is a great guy. Customer Service (Demonte) [protected] was very "Cavalier" in his attitude and not very helpful. Demonte should not be in Customer Service but he is a clear reflection of Public Storage's business culture and lack of caring for their customers once they have moved in.
Aside from the rent increase being excessive, they are well above the $269 price currently offered for new move-ins to the same sized unit. This is true across multiple local Public Storage locations. This seems like an unfair, and perhaps illegal, business practice.
BEWARE OF PUBLIC STORAGE RENT INCREASES!!!
More Public Storage Complaints & Reviews
- Public Storage - overcharging 
- Public Storage - stolen property 
- Public Storage - multi-billion dollar company cheats the little guy 
- Public Storage - terrible experience 
- Public Storage - bad service 
- Public Storage - 44% annualized rate increase for new customer
- Public Storage - terrible customer service
- Public Storage - storage unit
- Public Storage - Storage unit -Preston hwy louisville ky
- Public Storage - theft