Protection One / Contract fees

Charlotte, NC, US Review updated:

I had Protection One activate a system already in the home I bought. They told me the equipment was old but since it was supposed to be FREE activation, I told them I wouldn't be paying extra to update the system if there was nothing wrong with the old system. After activation, I continually would get phone calls when I left my home telling me that my alarm was sounding. We got 2 notices from the police department for false alarms when I couldn't get home on time. It became a nightmare and finally after repeated calls, a service person came out and told me I needed a new battery. After the new battery, same scenerio, false alarms and phone calls. I pulled the battery out and refused to use the system, just waiting for that time period when I could cancel. Unfortunately, I called to ccancel too late, according to Protection NO-ONE, because they told me my contract began again automatically since I didn't call to cancel on time. Now I am locked in for 3 yrs. I have been paying faithfully when I am not even using the lousy system. I just moved and called to terminate the alarm and will not be using it where I am moving. I am strapped for money and need to end all extra bills. They told me I have to pay up for the remainder of the contract regardless of whether I use the system or not.
This is a big rip off. Do not get involved with P. One.!!

Kc

Comments

• Ro
      Aug 19, 2009

My name is Susan, and I am with Protection One’s Executive Customer Relations team, where our focus is on resolving unique issues that sometimes occur.

At Protection One, we do strive to provide an excellent level of customer service, and I regret learning of the experience you describe here. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to review your account more closely with you. Could you please contact us anytime between 8:00am and 5:00pm CST Monday through Friday at [protected] or at [protected]@ProtectionOne.com? Please be sure to provide your name, contact information or account number. You also may reach us at [protected]@ProtectionOne.com seven days a week.

Thank you for your time. I sincerely hope to hear from you.

Susan