Protection One / Contract fees
I had Protection One activate a system already in the home I bought. They told me the equipment was old but since it was supposed to be FREE activation, I told them I wouldn't be paying extra to update the system if there was nothing wrong with the old system. After activation, I continually would get phone calls when I left my home telling me that my alarm was sounding. We got 2 notices from the police department for false alarms when I couldn't get home on time. It became a nightmare and finally after repeated calls, a service person came out and told me I needed a new battery. After the new battery, same scenerio, false alarms and phone calls. I pulled the battery out and refused to use the system, just waiting for that time period when I could cancel. Unfortunately, I called to ccancel too late, according to Protection NO-ONE, because they told me my contract began again automatically since I didn't call to cancel on time. Now I am locked in for 3 yrs. I have been paying faithfully when I am not even using the lousy system. I just moved and called to terminate the alarm and will not be using it where I am moving. I am strapped for money and need to end all extra bills. They told me I have to pay up for the remainder of the contract regardless of whether I use the system or not.
This is a big rip off. Do not get involved with P. One.!!
More Protection One Complaints & Reviews
- Protection One - Stay away from Protection One! 
- Protection One - Early Termination Fees 
- Protection One - Fraud and cheating 
- Protection One - Protection One Punishes Loyal Customers 
- Protection One - Service Contracts and poor customer service 
- Protection 1 - home security
- Protection One - termination fee
- Protection One - Rip off 
- Protection One - Rip Off!!!! 
- Protection 1 - Canceling Service is a Nightmare