Protect America / fraud

1 5100 N. IH-35, Suite BTX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-951-5111

I got a medic alert system from Protect America on repeated reassurances over the phone from their salesman that their system worked with magicjack ( which I recommend ) with my computer. It turns out that there isn't a medic alert that will work with magicjack, according to their own tech that called me and other sourses. They've refused to refund my money after repeated attempts by me so I can return their unit. One person I talked to even went so far as to tell me it would be put back into my checking, which it never was. This is several months ago. They're a terrible company to do business with. My life was worth less to them than a sale was. Their tech told me that the salesmen had been talked to about lying to make a sale and it continues to be their business pratice.

Comments

• Th
      28th of Oct, 2009

My system doesn't work EVER! It fails all of the time, and when they state they will have someone call to fix the "under warranty" system, they never do. They couldn't even get their payment system worked out!! They wouldn't take credit cards because of some kind of transition, then they wanted an automatic draft ... I told them no way ...not unless they fixed everything ... Now I just tell them no way! They had their chance!

I had someone tell me I could get out of the contract and now they are saying that I can't; the flip back and forth; and have no clue what is going on!

So I faxed and emailed them the same information that I am not paying for DEFECTIVE equipment, and a system that is not being monitored!

Everyone needs to file a complaint here if they contacted these people online!

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

ps. I have already sent in TWO cancellations!! And they are still ignoring them. It is going to take more than that to stop these thieves!