Priceline.com / car rental
I purchased a car rental through Priceline.com, with Alamo. About 3 hours later I went to pick up the rental but was turn away before even being processed. Unless you have a round trip ticket the airport rental car companies such as Alamo will not take a debit card. I'm not sure why this policy exists but it does, and they wouldn't even take a large deposit.
Priceline would only give me a partial refund. They wanted to charge me a $69.00 cancelation fee, almost 33% of the cost, for a reservation that was at this point about 4 hours old and for an issue that was not my fault.
I will deal directly with my bank and get a full refund. After the inconvenience Priceline has put me through they want to charge me almost $70.00. Not if I have to say anything about it.
More Priceline.com Complaints & Reviews
- Priceline.com - fraud and scam 
- Travelweb/priceline - refusal to acknowlege cancellation confirmation number 
- Priceline.com - unauthorized charges 
- Priceline.com - do not take cdw for car rental
- Priceline.com - liars and cheaters 
- Priceline.com - airline tickets
- Priceline.com - hotel price drop and not credited
- Priceline.com - hotel reservation
- Priceline.com - worst customer service ever
- Priceline.com - unfair/illegal (?) business practices/trickory/entrapment tactics