Priceline.com / scam and rip off!

On 3/28/08 I purchased a vacation package over the phone from Priceline.com for my honeymoon. I believed all the ads that this was the best place to book. Boy was I wrong! The representative screwed up my reservation and confirmed a different package and price than what I was charged for on my credit card. In fact they charged me a lot more than what I had agreed to. Upon receiving the email confirmation and seeing the mistake I called priceline to correct the error and they said sure, for a fee. I informed them that this was their mistake and asked again for them to correct it. They said no. I spoke with Teddy from the corporate offices who apologized and assured me that I would receive a full refund in 10 business days. After 15 business days passed and still no refund, I called again. I got the same run around. I received a partial refund but not the entire thing not even half. Now priceline says I have to wait for the airline to issue the refund. I waited again and then contacted US Airways who informed me that they have no intention of issuing a refund due to pricelines error and if I want my money I need to call them and get it. I called them back and they said again that their hands were tied. Now I am out over $650 because priceline made a mistake and refuses to refund it. Don't make the same mistake I did. Spend the little extra cash and book with expedia. Expedia even gave me a discount when they heard how much trouble I had with their competitor. Now thats customer service!

Va

Comments

• Sg
      7th of Mar, 2009

I to am on a mission.  You would not believe what Priceline.com did to me.  I bought a vacation package to the Bahamas, in March 2008.  In April I was in a near fatal accident that paralyzed me from the neck down, needless to say, I was in the hospital when my trip was booked, and I was unable to cancel. I didn't have the documentation at the hospital and it was not the first thing on my mind. Living was!!  Anyhow, Well I am accepting life and getting better and I need a vacation so bad and I wrote them a letter stating what happened they said no way would they give me a new trip or refund my money!!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I was shocked. And they were so rude and uneducated I just could not believe it. I was speechless!!

So I have spent a good amount of time, typing letters and sending them to every contact on the site, except for corporate you know they do not have a contact for them of course. Well since I am in a wheelchair now, and my doctor will not release me to work I have all the time in the world to fight this. And let everyone know what they did to me.  I am sending them the letters. I have sent them to corporate and every contact I could find and no response at all!! It is so unfair the way they can get away with this kind of treatment. They treat their customers so badly it is unbelievable, I really cannot believe they are in business.

9th of Jul, 2009

I won't go into my long story, but I agree that Priceline.com is a major rip off. We booked a packaged and purchased their insurance. We had a family emergency, cancelled way in advance and of course were denied cancellation because we had purchased the trip insurance and it could only be handled by AIG their insurer. After submitting the time-line, circumstances, we were denied based on their policy limitations that were not given to us in advance or we would not have wasted the extra money for trip insurance. Amazing fraud on the part of these two companies. I will never use their services again and will write letters to all Attorney General's of each State they operate in.

• Wi
      25th of Aug, 2009

Where to begin. First of all their customer service is atrocious. The first time I called I found out several crucial things:
    1. Their representatives have NO IDEA what is on their website.
    2. Their representatives cannot help you with any price discrepancies advertised on their website.
    3. Their representatives are total spam artists. They talk so much nonsense, I am surprised they don't find themselves laughing at their own absurdities.

The second call to customer service I found out something else:
    1. They are technically not allowed to transfer calls to their supervisors.
    2. They are also not allowed to transfer you to "real" customer service without a request number...which ofcourse is gained by.
    3. They broke rules 1 and 2 by transferring me to a supervisor and customer service the first time I called.
    4. They are good at arguing.

I am flabbergasted. I called in with a grievance and am more frustrated then ever. You want good service? Don't call these guys.

• Mi
      28th of May, 2010

this is the wost site to book your travel through. I booked hotels and rental car, about 2k worth and wanted to upgrade my rental car and pay the different. I was told to contact the rental car company and when I did. the company agreed if priceline okay with it. Pricline would not do it. I will never book through them again. also you could find even better deals through other web sites. They are scam

• Jm
      18th of Jun, 2010

I totally agree with everything I have read. I am in the process of fighting with Priceline. I am trying to cancel 1 of 4 flights for a trip I am taking in July. Long story short, one of the people in my party has been transferred to a different city and the airline we are booked on does not service that city. I first tried just to get them to rebook her flight on a carrier that flew out of her city... can't do that. Will only give me a credit for that airline and when we use the airline we will be charge $150.00 for changing the ticket...so a $200 credit will cost an additional 150 to use!!! Plus the chances this person can ever use the ticket is slim...again the airline does not fly out of her new city

I have spent 2 days on both the phone and the internet. Just like was mentioned by Mike the customer service reps are not aware of what goes on with communication on their website. I was told to contact customer service through email and when the person came up with a "compromise" for me (you can cancel the flight for a small fee...one time only allowance!), I was told to call customer service and they would handle it. Yeah, right!!! They basically said...Who told you this, this can't be done etc. I have also found they won't give you a number, won't let you talk to a supervisor etc. This whole outfit is a SCAM!!!
    I have NEVER heard of a legit company that you could not speak to a person to resolve issues. I have been transferred from person to person, none of who are communicating with each other. Each time I have to give them my itinerary number...explain details AGAIN etc. Bottom line is I am getting the run around. I also plan on calling the attorney general's office in my state. This outfit is a JOKE. I will tell everyone I know to NEVER use Priceline. I have kept all the email and responses. I will send the "packet" to their corporate offices though I don't anticipate them caring or doing ANYTHING about this. They clearly don't care. So I am suggesting everyone...make reservations through the airline, hotel or rental car companies. You will get just as good a deal and when issues arise that force a cancellation most times they are willing to work with you...companies like Priceline just laugh!!!
    JMR

• Ba
      15th of Feb, 2011

I placed a bid on priceline on 15 Feb. 11, my first bid was not accepted so I made a second bid.This one was accepted but with one problem, it was in the wrong area of the city.When I contacted priceline they said that was my chioce and it would not be refunded.DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE, TRY SOME OTHER SITE TO AVOID THERE SCAMS

• Li
      27th of May, 2011

I have used Priceline a few times over the years..sometimes I have gotten a very nice Hotel. One time I got a hotel that was under construction. It was listed as a resort, yet other than access to a golf course and 2 junky pools, (one was closed)there was nothing "resort" about it. A resort is somewhere I think of taking my family and as having things for kids to do. Because the pool that allowed kids was closed, we were allowed to use the adult only pool..When I travel with my husband I like using the adult pool as well, so the guests were not thrilled with my kids splashing around.. I was worried the whole time. It was not relaxing for any of us. I found out later that I should have complained but I figured since it was Priceline, it wouldn't make a difference. Fast forward 3 years.. Wanted a staycation for Memorial Day with the family ...it never allows me to put in the number in my party, but we have 4 kids going. We generally stay in a hotel that has 2 queens and a sofa bed. There are plenty if options because we live near Scottsdale AZ . We have stayed at so many amazing properties. So I took a chance and went to priceline..I got the same crappy hotel from 3 years ago! I have used them since that bad experience and never gotten a bad place. I called some foreign country to talk to customer service..apparently they're only trained to say No, and sorry! Now I'm stuck with a bad hotel and not enough beds. They said I could complain at check in when they won't allow all of us to stay.. I dont want my money back, I just want to not stay in a place that I had such a bad experience and that wont accomdate us. It's my own fault I know, for not just booking what I want, where I wanted. I was dismissed and hung up on, by the Customer Relations..I just want to talk to someone in management yet they refuse..I will never use this site again, mainly because of their poor customer service.. It would probably be easier to reach Willliam Shatner, than any supervisors at Priceline!!