Portrait Innovations / crowded, rushed, under-staffed

1 Warren PlazaDubuque, IA, United States

I had taken my 6 month there previously for her newborn and 3 month photos. Yesterday my husband and I went around 4:05pm for our appointment at 4:20pm. Complaint number 1. Under-staffed. The "photographers" were too busy answering the phone to actually take pictures and review them with you. Number 2. They were still answering the phone at 5:00pm by asking if the person on the other end would like an appointment TODAY! Keep in mind they had an entire store of people waiting with babies and kids crying and running around EVERYWHERE! Number 3. If is 6 month old can't sit upright unsupported you'd think you might try something other than laying her on the floor. The cold, plain, fake hardwood floor. Yes, I'm serious - that was the picture. Number 4. When describing the packages please, please remind the customer they can swap out sheets. i.e. A sheet of 3.5 x5's instead of 8.10's. Who wants 7 8x10's ?! Number 5. When doing the special effects maybe take more than 30 seconds picking out the pictures and adding effects. When the customer feels that rushed you get home feeling ripped off, pissed off and ready to explode! I've spent 400.00 there in the past 6 months and by this point I could have gone to a PROFESSIONAL photographer and had quality one of a kind prints. There's my 2 cents.