PODS / left high and dry

NY, United States Review updated:

After paying them THOUSANDS for storage and pick up, they are unable to deliver the POD to my new home. Their response? Either 1. Get a city permit to park the POD on the street. This will take weeks and weeks. My movers are scheduled for the day after tomorrow! 2. Have the POD delivered to a parking lot. So then I have to find a parking lot near my house that will allow 3 spaces to be taken up for days. Yeah, right. Or 3. Get a rental truck and come to the PODS facility and empty the container myself. So I have to pay for a rental truck on top of the ridiculous amount of money I have already spent? Get real. PODS has failed me and now I am screwed. Their customer service people gave me a laughable 5 days grace period to scramble and figure out what I am supposed to do now. If I can't figure out another plan, I will get charged another $300 for a month of storage. Hopefully the movers are willing to drive out to the facility and empty it into their truck, drive back and move it into my house. Guess who has to foot the bill for all of the extra hours that will take? PODS is a joke and a scam operation.

Comments

• Co
      13th of Apr, 2010

fife_coast,

We are in receipt of your complaint with PODS Enterprises, Inc and we are concerned about the service you are reporting. We here at PODS strive to do whatever we can for our customers however we cannot break the law. When it comes to local laws and regulations we must abide by them just like any other company so there would be no way for us to overlook the local regulation requiring a permit. We would like to assist with bringing some resolution to the situation. Would you please provide your PODS Enterprises, Inc. account information via email address below and we would be happy to assist. We have also provided a toll free number for your reference.

[protected]@pods.com