Plentyoffish or POF.com / transgender discrimination

My name is Tasmia, I am a transsexual. I was on plenty of fish in hopes to find true love. I notice they had a section for men seeking men and a section for men seeking women or women seeking men. so beings I identify as a women, I posted in women seeking men. I recieved a few hate mail but overall met some wonderful guys, then suddenly my ad was deleted, i contact POF.com to ask why and they didnt even reply, I made another account 1 day later it was taking down I sent an email no response, I created another account it was deleted an hour after making it. (the time frame of when i created my first account to created my third account was 4 months). I recent tried to create another account and it was deleted again, I email very frustrated and finally I recieve a response to today from POF saying

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to email Plentyoffish.com.

After a recent review of your account and activity on Plentyoffish.com, we have decided to close your account.

We will not disclose specific details regarding your account’s closure.

Most commonly, account closures are a direct result of a violation of our Terms and Conditions regarding misrepresentation of personal information.

We may also close an account due to complaints about your correspondence, profile content, or for any other reason as stated in our Terms and Conditions.

If you would like to review our Terms and Conditions, you may do so by clicking on the following link:

The closure of your account is permanent, and any future accounts will be automatically detected and deleted by the system.

Regards,

Sarah
POF Team
Plentyoffish.com

I am seriously not understanding why my ad was deleted, I never VIOLATED ANY TERMS. NOWHERE IN THERE TERMS SAY TRANSSEXUALS OR TRANSGENDEREDS CANT POST IN THE FEMALE SECTION. IM NOT A SPAMMER, IM NOT AN ESCORT, DIDNT ADVERTISE ANYTHING, THEN PLACE NUDE PIX UP. I WANT TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON. IF I DONT HEAR FROM THERE IN A FEW DAYS, I AM SEEKING LEGAL REPRESENTATION

Comments

• Da
      15th of Feb, 2011

I'm facing the same problem. I tried 5 times to maintain a profile at POF. 5 times deleted.
    I received a similar message from this person (Sarah). Apparently POF never "disclose" the reason they cancel your account.
    Despite the service is free and open to the public, POF is operating under heavy discrimination against transgenders.

Daniellie Parker (daniellieparker@yahoo.ca).

• Ro
      10th of Mar, 2011

I am effectively a heterosexual male, but I live as a transwoman. I have been living full-time for 5-1/2 years.
    A vitriolic woman took exception to my picture as a woman and said there was no place for people like me, and I had to leave.
    Ach, she kept calling me a crossdresser...very insulting. So I got dropped.
    I find this all very amusing. It was like being in the Twilight Zone.
    In my search for a new woman partner, my credentials are impeccable, but those of POF are not.
    POF has a lot of complaints and a low rating. I will work with OKCUPID instead. They have a better rating and they handle offcenter people

22nd of Apr, 2013

Hi my user name is bojer i have tried for the last 3 days to use my chat box but it continually sates the user is not on site when i no they are or sometimes it will say that i am not connected to the chat line trying to connect why has pof changed from a perfectly good system to a totally inferior one

22nd of Apr, 2013

hi i have been trying for the last 3 days to use my chat box but it continually states the user is not on site when i no they are orit sometimes says not connected to the chat line trying to connect but never does .. .. why has pof changed from a perfectly good system to a totally inferior one

• Eb
      19th of Jul, 2013

I have the same problem with this website I've investigated about this online and pof says they're transgender friendly only because they associate us with Gay men so they want us to post our profile in the male 4 male section. I've been deleted 6 times and it's only because I'm a
    transwomen this hurts my heart to see such ignorance and discrimination on such a huge website they're definitely Gay friendly but not M2F friendly, there's countless stories all over the net about pof discrimination. We need to band together and fight this you can email me @ ebonyvontru@gmail.com

• Ar
      19th of Jan, 2014

i have had my account deleted, i have not been rude to anyone posted rude pics or sexuall messeges i think this is highly unfair .ive emailed pof to no response.i was talking to a few nice people .i think its well out of order im thinking maybe when you messege someone and they block you so they dont have to reply.maybe pof take this into account ??.id like a reply please to tell why i have been deleted .ive tried to make other accounts but they get deleted to even with different email addresses im baffled

• Ar
      28th of Jul, 2014

I'm a transman, and have had the same issues. I even tried posting my ad as female, despite identifying as male, with the same results- if I put on my profile that I'm trans, it gets deleted. I never emailed anyone about it, though.

• 3v
      7th of Sep, 2014

If the state of New Jersey says I'm a female, I'm a female and should be able to post under female section especially if I'm telling you on my bio of my situation.

• Gr
      2nd of Dec, 2014

There is a guy on your site posing as someone he is not. He has his pictures on someone else profile. name is jeffreyzangndt. from Chambers Pa. The reason I know is because I have been chatting with Jeff and when I saw he was on-line thee profile is from a Howard E Clement... I need to block him from m message list, but he will not reply back so I can... Very up-set...

• Na
      17th of Oct, 2015

This has happened today to me and to another trans friend in the past. If we keep just talking about it and not doing anything then we shouldn't complain. I think a joint law suit should be in order.

• Bu
      20th of Jan, 2016

I've now been deleted yet again of pof I've not been nasty, rude or anything to upset anyone but yet again my account has been deleted, I'm fed up of wasting my time on a site that doesn't care about people. I was in the process of talking to a couple of people but now thay will think I'm no longer interested. This cant be aloud to happen.

24th of Jan, 2016

I know, not acceptable POF!! I am a transgender pre-op woman and I can't believe POF is ignoring us like this!! This is not acceptable. I joined TSMingle.com which is a 100% free Transsexual dating site. The best thing about TSMingle.com is that it tailors to all the beautiful transgender women and their admirers. They don't require a credit card to join. No ads, no gimmicks, no up sale. TSMingle.com was created by a transgender single because of the deficiencies of dating sites such as POF.

• It
      7th of Apr, 2018

@JackieTS This is a good idea go on to those sites in a population that is catering to your needs.

• Xb
      26th of Feb, 2016

I had the same experience too! I'm transgender pre op woman from England. I have officially changed my gender and yet POF keeps deleting my account and when contacted, do not response at all!
    First time I had overwhelming amount of messages (120 something) within 2 days and then on day 3 they just deleted my profile. I created account at least 4 times and was deleted within an hour or so. This is direct discrimination.

• Mi
      3rd of Aug, 2016

The worst part about this is that it's completely circumstance. I have friends who are just drag queens and crossdressers who have had profiles for years on pof just to hook up and never had any problems. But if even one guy brings attention to your profile then POF has you in their their radar and you're screwed! It's absolutely ridiculous and insulting! I've tried numerous times and my profiles stay up anywhere from one hour to a week but ultimately always disappear and then pof doesn't respond to any emails about why. And yet Tinder, Okcupid and match.com could all care less... the problem is that Pof actually has real guys looking for relationships where as most of okcupid and tinder are guys looking to hook up and match is to expensive.

In this day and age there is no excuse for the transphobia going on with Pof!

• Na
      1st of Sep, 2016

Honestly just talking and complaining does nothing. Still being laughed at and called disgusting until you make an example and file a join action law suit.

• Da
      4th of Sep, 2016

Hello Gf's. I signed up for POF a few days ago. I'm also a pre-op transsexual and have lived full time for many years. Of course I checked female since they do not have a transgender option. I took about an hour and wrote a nice, little profile looking for females and other transwomen for friendship and possibly more. I browsed a bit but didn't send any messages since it was getting late into the night. So today I have some time off and thought it was strange that I wasn't getting any messages (not a one). So went back over to POF to sign in and found that my account was shut down for no reason. I no longer have a profile there although I didn't violate any type of terms. I didn't even message anyone. lol

So yes there is obviously a good amount of bigotry going on over at POF even in 2016! I guess the fact I was upfront in my first paragraph by mentioning that I'm a non-op transsexual hurt me. I'm thinking that whoever moderates and approves accounts over at POF decided to shut mine down because of that. I didn't even receive a message explaining that it had been tossed. No, instead I found out the hard way. This is outright discrimination! I'm actually a little pissed off about it in all honesty. What are we, Lepers? Is it somehow offensive for someone to pass by a transwoman in their search? I guess the big fish that moderate their pond think that people are unable to just move on if they're not interested. What kinda big fish decides who can be allowed in their pond? Does that fish also moderate who the attractive people are and remove those that aren't? Or what about if someone isn't Christian, does the big fish decide what religions are acceptable and not acceptable in their pond?

Yeah, kinda silly 'aint it friends? Here we are living in the year 2016 and there are online companies that still have their head up their butt. I suggest we ban together sisters and do what we can to legally prosecute POF for their obvious bigotry towards transwomen. I can only assume they treat transmen the same way. This is outright discrimination! I don't care how anyone decides to slice it. this is discrimination and it's WRONG.

• Wi
      26th of Apr, 2017

Having the same Problems with them. We cannot post in m4m cause gay men typically do not want Trans. I feel completely unwanted by POF and to top it off they are licated in B.C. They should know better!!!

• Sh
      17th of May, 2017

so the same thing happened to me today...i feel so ashamed of myself

• Ae
      10th of Sep, 2017

Same exact experience as you ladies. This website is vile. I honestly wouldn't care BUT of all the dating sites I've been a member of, I actually get very good response from the members on POF, of course I get death threats and a lot of harassment too, but that goes with the territory of being transgender.

• Ae
      10th of Sep, 2017

My advice to you ladies, blast them on all forms of social media you can. Let our allies speak for us too.