Platinum Travel Club / $2000 voucher for australians

3-5 60 Station StParramatta, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

I received a call today offering me a $2000 travel voucher which I can use anytime in the next 3 years for on $200 (taken in 5 x $40 installments). Of course this is interesting! As I am a frequent traveler to Bali, I thought I would see how much this was going to cost me to go there. So, for starters they tell you about the "Hot Deals" on their website - however, your voucher can't be used towards these as they are "packages". You can only use them on the accommodation that they have available in the destinations they have available, which for Bali is only 4 properties - 2 at Nusa Dua, 1 in Kuta and 1 in Seminyak. So I thought I would look at the Kuta property first - Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta - located near Sunset Boulevard - not the ideal place to stay and not near the beach. to book it with my $2000 voucher from 5/3/16 for 7 nights, Platinum travel Club tells me the best rate is $678 to which I can use my voucher up to a value of $265 (a percentage of the total cost), so it will only cost me $413 (but does this include taxes which would be an additional $90.51??) totalling $504.51, but I will still have $1735 of my voucher to use on other deals or other holidays as long as I use it in 3 years. The problem is that if you go direct to the Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta website I can book the same room for the same dates for a total out of pocket cost of $291.71 or $41.61 per night if I add the taxes the total will be $352.41 - so, $152.10 cheaper, but actually, its $352.10 cheaper because I haven't had to pay Platinum Travel Club the initial $200!! So considering you would only get 4 weeks leave per years and I have already used 1 week in Bali and possibly wouldn't use all 3 of the remaining to travel to Platinums hotels and you only get a percentage of your accommodation covered, you couldn't use the remaining $1, 735 in the allowed time. What's more is that if you could, you can still get much cheaper deals direct with the hotels or a better accommodation in a better location and their is no guarantee that the place you may want to stay is even available when you can travel. Don't waste your money, you can get better deals direct at places you want to stay for less money. Don't

Platinum Travel Club
Platinum Travel Club

Tr
Nov 24, 2015

Comments

• Fa
      17th of Jul, 2016

Thanks for the warning just had a phone call from this company fobbed her off till a later date wanted to check reviews. Disaster do not touch big con.

• Li
      13th of May, 2018

@Fatjak I dont know why everyone is complaining about this, I joined one month ago and had a lovely trip to Bali, Im a strong independent woman and proud to be a feminist. Initially looking at this website got me worried after my purchase unnecessarily so my complaint is please dont cause others worry for naught.

• Tr
      29th of Aug, 2016

I also had a call and it sounds great but after thinking about it I realised I could just do it my self as that's how I normally book my holidays. I was told I would receive an email in a couple of days with all the details but not heard anything. Thanks for the heads up I will call them today and cancel my 'membership'

17th of Oct, 2016

Do not answer their phone calls, the lady michelle was very pushy and rude and insisted on my bank details after telling her i wasnt going to give them to her she was extremely rude and kept saying I'd regret it and proceeded to hang up on me.
    Big big scam!!! AVOID

• Ri
      18th of Oct, 2016

I also just received a phone call from this company. The woman I spoke to would not provide me the details of the terms and conditions of the vouchers unless I sign up for the membership, nor was she willing to email me details of this so-called deal. I was directed to check out their website and was even provided with their ABN when I insisted on getting more information and declined to sign up for the membership. It is, as it turns out, a registered business but their products and services are dodgy.

• La
      20th of Oct, 2016

Just got a phone call from them too. When I questioned it as I have experience in travel plus I'm a professional vlogger so money comes in ebbs and flows with my job, he got all sarcastic and tried to continue to push me. I'm glad to find it it was all a massive scam.

• Jt
      22nd of Nov, 2016

I also got a call this afternoon. First thing the man did was give me their ABN number..weird...and then he rambled on for 20 minutes. I then had to go into a work meeting and told him to email me all the info but he said this was a one time offer, and I should sign up there and then. He just would not let me get off the phone and in the end had to literally tell him, quite abruptly that he made me a late for my meeting and if he wanted to give me more info, he needed to email and had to hang up! He also said he couldn't call back because the offer was only valid for today and today only. Reading all these comments, I am now so glad I didn't sign up. What a scam!!

24th of Nov, 2016

Ive just hung up from them! not even sure how they got my name or number. VERY glad i googled their ABN while i was on the phone.
    they are very convincing, they spend 10 minutes telling you that all you have to do to get the deal is promote them on social media and by positive word of mouth, they then proceed to ask you how you would like to make your first payment of $49.
    i was told 10 fortnightly payments totalling just under $500. which is equal to the amount i would spend on a holiday anyway.
    Honestly you are better off just saving the $49 every fortnight and paying for your own holiday!

• Pa
      8th of Dec, 2016

I was on the verge of signing up and have learnt from others mistake not to go ahead with any online deal without verifying or checking their reviews. I am glad I have read everyone's review and lucky to have still not agreed their persuasion to sign up. Smells fishy and too good to. True a deal.

• Ah
      9th of Dec, 2016

They called me yesterday telling me I have won $2000 travel credit but all i need is to pay $49 membership to earn the voucher. I said okay how can I pay it, to my surprise the lady said i have to pay it either by providing my debit card or bank account details. I just simply said no, she hang up the phone. Couple hours later another guy called me. I told him i have already spoke to one of his colleagues. he told me the same crap and I said no to him. i said to him why you guys can not accept check, money order or cash? He said its the company policy. At the end he offered me a so called solution which was to get Load and Go card. I said to him okay I will see and give me a call next week. I knew there something wrong with them but these comments made it clear they are nothing but only ####. Watch out people.

• Cr
      11th of Jan, 2017

Got a call today - lovely girl, looked this up while she was giving her spiel - told her thanks but no thanks, due to poor review on internet - she was a little defensive, gave up quickly.

• Mf
      27th of Jan, 2017

They called me today saying I won a $2000 travel credit, which is weird, i don't know where they got my number. The lady said it's a one time promotional offer only and she told me I have to pay $49 (for 10 fortnightly payments) to get the voucher. She went on and on for 30 minutes how good their company is and how great the offer is, since I haven't heard of this company before I did a bit of research while I have her on the phone and I found a few reviews about them. Seems like they are a BIG SCAM, not even a single positive review I found about them. No wonder the lady said they dont pay for advertisement and rather have people advertise about them through their travel experience with their company. I didnt give her my bank details and she still keeps on pushing me to sign up. She even said she can call me next week to finalise the membership whatsoever. I told her she dont have to call me anymore, she can call someone else.

• Je
      30th of Jan, 2017

I have been spam called by these people all day, I finally answered the phone telling me i own a $2000 travel voucher because its their 8th year anniversary and something about because i filled in a quiz online? he also told me i have to pay $49 in 10 instalments in order to receive my voucher., and they gave me their abn, and their website, but the website honestly dose not look legitimate I checked the abn and it is attached to a real business, but immediately you can tell its a telemarketer from the Philippines, every second word was okay this and okay that the cherry at the top of this ridiculous offer of a sundae was that they told me their name was ben...okay sure...smith, hahahaha get lost. What a scam. although I was bored and it was interesting listening to him try and convince me to pay. He kept asking for my birthday. and if i'm over 18. I should of said im 10 and then they'd hang up and never call me again.

• Vi
      9th of Feb, 2017

This platinum holiday club is a big scam and all they want is to somehow enrol the person into their membership programme. Stay away from them.

• Ca
      12th of Feb, 2017

well i guess ive been scammed i joined up paid the money etc...but didnt realise about how the vouchers worked dodgy cant use them all at once etc.
    is there anyway for refund?

16th of Mar, 2017

@Cate Shaw Do they debit the payment directly from your bank account details you gave them? I mean without your consent?

14th of Aug, 2017

@Cate Shaw Yes you should be able to get a refund straight away. Ask for a copy of your contract and go to a financial counsellor if they refuse you. 1800 007 007 is National Financial Counsellor Line to find an FC near you.

• Cl
      2nd of Mar, 2017

Thank you for you well explained post. It was a great help I had the call and yes love to travel as well but also very say. So reading what you put knew that I did the right thing. 😊

3rd of Mar, 2017

I received a call today as well, I won a voucher worth 2000 dollars of accomadation and 600 dollars flight voucher because i answer some survey online which i cant remeber i did. Anyways the moment that i answer the phone and he told me his name i know that his from Philipines i just keep listening to him pushing me to sign up and telling me how awesome the company is, even telling me to go online and spell out letters by letters the name of the company (such an ### ). Just to fix him up i told him that im filipino myself and its such ashamed that you guys from the same country doing a scam like this!!! Goodluck to you and to your dark soul!!!

• Su
      8th of Mar, 2017

@Annabanana18 Is there a way of refunding the first 49$ payment which is already processed?

• Fi
      11th of Jul, 2017

@Sushma Ganesh Did they refund your $49? Me and my husband just cancelled our membership but then they keep on deducting the money from our account.

14th of Aug, 2017

@Sushma Ganesh Yes ask for a refund and tell them you will go to the financial ombudsman service if they don't refund any money. Or go and see a financial counsellor or call 1800 007 007 to find one closest to you. Cancel the direct debit through your bank also.

• Fa
      15th of Mar, 2017

thank you for taking the time to put this up and save us from a possible scam!! Phew!!

16th of Mar, 2017

I haven't paid, yet I have given my bank account details. Does anyone know what should I do now?

18th of Mar, 2017

@Maeorange I believe you can call them up and inform them you don't intend to push through with the membership.

21st of Mar, 2017

@Maeorange yes if you give them your bank details but they have got to have that three numbers on the back of your card if they didn't get that you have no worries that is the main thing they have got to have you never give that out to anyone

• Br
      30th of Mar, 2017

@Norris7 I gave them my card details but not those numbers and money has been taken out of my card, I had to call my bank and cancel my card!

• Tr
      24th of May, 2017

@Maeorange call your bank provider and get them to disable your card and send you a new one. ASAP!

• Al
      19th of Mar, 2017

They called me today and said their office is located in Queensland. He wouldn't send me email and wanted my bank account details. It clear its a scam but people might unknowingly give out their banking details. Please be careful and never give your banking details to anyone over the phone.

• Nu
      22nd of Mar, 2017

I just received the phone called just now but i never knew it was a scam so i did gave her my card detail. What should i do now?? 😭 I told her that i need my parents confirmation first so she said she scheduled my payment to be next week. So within this 24 hours, she will email me the welcoming email and put the customer service number for me to call if my parents forbid it. Should i wait for the email or what? Please help me!