Planet DVD Store / pirated dvds from china

1 MN, United States Review updated:

I ordered "Carol Burnett & Friends - The Complete Series" and got ripped off like everyone else. Package from China, no return address, surprise international service fee, program pirated from cable's TV Land, discs unplayable, $48.00 lost. I sent multiple emails to them but got no response. Then I Googled their alleged business name, DVD Mania LLC, and among the results was a link to this site and all the complaints posted by other people. My thanks to all of you for confirming that I've been duped - I cancelled my debit card immediately. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM PLANET DVD STORE which is the same as DVD Mania, TV DVD mania, and Best DVD Series. Not only are consumers being ripped off, the products being sold are counterfeit copyrighted material. I filed a formal complaint online with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx, and encourage others to do the same. At least it's SOMETHING we can do and if they get enough complaints then maybe it will help put a stop to the criminal Planet DVD and all its fraudulent affiliates.

Comments

• Fo
      15th of Mar, 2009

I was suckered into that as well i bought both seasons of High Incident and it was done off cable tv "fox8" to be exact i hope no one else gets sucked into this cause i lost 100$ on this one and it makes me angry someone can do that and take peoples money. I was surprised after reading these complaints that they sent out the product.

• Tv
      29th of Mar, 2009

I just bought the full 11 seasons of 7 Heaven on DVD, but only got seasons 1-7 and some of the disk were bad; not to mention what I got looks nothing like the picture on TV DCD Mania website.

• Sw
      10th of Apr, 2009

I live in the UK, I bought the entire series of SISTERS from these people as I have never seen it for sale via a reputable site over here. They never showed the series in UK but I saw it when I lived in Norway 15 years ago. I missed the final episode as we had to leave to come back to England.

It was obvious when then the discs arrived that they were pirated copies. Made from very bad video recordings with a frayed bottom on the picture. The second disc I tried would not even play in my machine. There are 49 discs all useless.

I am contacting my credit card company to see if they can help me as the contract between the American advertised company was with them as I used their card. I was worried when the discs arrived with postage from China.

Does anyone know if the series Sisters was ever released on DVD by NBC?

swindled sooz