Phone Power.com / no service

CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 607 6937

Calls are full of static and interruptions. Tried to get on web site, call their number and e-mail them. All with no results. Surprised that I can't find any other complaints on the net.

Comments

• Ga
      2nd of May, 2012

same here, basically no service since 10:29 EDT, and their web site down too, and 818-264-4400 yields a busy signal (not surprising).

• Fr
      2nd of May, 2012

The posted the following information on Twitter:

Phone Power‏@PPowerNetStatus

At 7:45am PT a core router crashed in Los Angeles impacting inbound/outbound calls. Engineers are working to resolve the problem asap.

2nd of May, 2012

Anybody have an idea wha the next step should be if they closed? How do you tansfer a number to another carrier if the old carrier is no longer in busines?

• Mo
      2nd of May, 2012

This is what wikipedia says... In May 2nd 2012, Phone Power phone line service stopped working completely. The service is offline until further notice. Service interruption began at 10:29am EDT.

• Tf
      2nd of May, 2012

My phones have been out all day too... not able to get access to the PhonePower web site or phone numbers.

• Kf
      2nd of May, 2012

Me too. Are they out of business? Phone is busy and web site is down.
    I am trying to port my number to different VoIP now.

From twitter:

Phone Power‏@PPowerNetStatus

• Mo

I HAVE DIAL TONE!

2nd of May, 2012

Yes, Same here. Strange thing is that their website is down as well. I hope that they resume their service right away or I will have to switch to other providers.

• Tv
      2nd of May, 2012

1pm Pacific Time - I'm in Burbank, CA and my PhonePower has also been down since earlier this morning. Their site is down and calls to customer service says, "The Number you Have Reached is Out of Order or No Longer in Service". WoW! This Sucks The Big Weenie!

2nd of May, 2012

When you called my number, it was going to a dead line.

Now it goes to a voicemail box...does this mean progress?

• Sh
      2nd of May, 2012

Can someone in the know maybe get a contact and let us know true status. I'm disabled and can't be without home phone.

2nd of May, 2012

I'm in Chicago, IL- who knows how many calls my business is losing- looks like their "failsafe number feature" failed- nothing being routed to my landline. Sucks to be them- they'll probably lose half of their customers over this.

2nd of May, 2012

well, my failsafe forwarding is working.

yours is working? weird.

2nd of May, 2012

This really blows. Does anyone "in the know" know if they are still in business?

2nd of May, 2012

as per twitter their key router is has crashed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_Power

2nd of May, 2012

Actually should clarify... I had (have?) "simultaneous ring" set up... my number rings my voip box and my cell phone, and when people call my number right now, my cell phone still rings. So actually, I guess that's different than the failsafe dealie (which I don't think I set up?!) . Anyway, if that tweet about the downed server is not completely made up (and I can't imagine why it would be), we have nothing to worry about... except for how long it takes them to reroute, which may be any time now, or concievably less than 24hrs total anyway. Hopefully this will never happen again.

• 1a
      2nd of May, 2012

I still don't get a dial tone and my failsafe isn't working either and it's 4:52 pm EST. Thanks for posting. I really thought the worse -- they had shut down or something and I was going to be w/o a phone. It's very unfortunate that my phone number states that my line is out of business as I use this line for business and I hope that they will credit us for the inconvenience.

Phone Power‏@PPowerNetStatus...

Routing has been restored and Phone Power services are coming back online.

2nd of May, 2012

If it is a router issue...OK, I get it. Why is their website down?

• Vo
      2nd of May, 2012

San Diego, CA - same as everyone else. I just now found this website and was semi-relieved to know that it's not just me. Not that I want anyone else to have their phone lines down, but it's reassuring knowing it's the lines and not my phone equipment. I have phonepower.com for my business line and fax. Now, I have to send out a massive email to all my customers letting them know to call my cell or email me. Not really great for businesss!! I'm really thinking long and hard about switching back to a lined connection. I hate the phone company here, but at least there wasn't usually an outage like this!! :(

2nd of May, 2012

Never heard of a core device not being Hot Standby and/or multi homed CO's - especially when mission critical. There must be NO CPoF. Sounds like a dodge to me

2nd of May, 2012

I'm going to wait to make any decisions about switching service to see how phone power reacts to this- if they bend over backward with their customer service and triple their core routers and make their failsafe numbers really failsafe, then I'll stay- if they blame it on someone else and have a crappy attitude about it, I'm gone. Also depends on how soon things get back online- I still have nothing here.

• Al
      2nd of May, 2012

I am losing money by the hour cause this joke of company has no phone support that will even anwser the phone. My phone has been down for 4 hours now and there website is down. WTF. HELP THIS IS MY BUSINESS LINE...

2nd of May, 2012

Failsafe is a feature of their service and subject to it's functionality

• Mj
      2nd of May, 2012

This is unacceptable. No contact number. No website. No updates via e-mail. Very disappointed. Who knows how much business I've lost today.

• Gu
      2nd of May, 2012

Wim Libby I switched to ITP after the last time i had a problem with them, couldnt be happier, should have switched sooner

2nd of May, 2012

Well - Just goes to prove 5, 9's probably NOT REALLY possible when the net host's the party. That's our "Opportunity Cost"

2nd of May, 2012

Monkeycam --- you have dialtone? Is anyone else's service up? When I pick up the phone it says "device not registered".

2nd of May, 2012

Yes - ITP Consumer Rankings.com 5 stars and voted #1 I just hate to change for the sake of hating to change

Houston WE HAVE DAIL TONE

2nd of May, 2012

I just looked up ITP, looks pretty good- some cool features that phone power doesn't have- so mmc22002-- you say you had phone power before and switched? Are you using VOIP for business or personal use?

2nd of May, 2012

I have just got a dial tone but still not able to dial out. Looks like they have made a progress.

2nd of May, 2012

Not me Guest13725 has ITP - so wonder why he's on this complaint thread?

• Vo
      2nd of May, 2012

Same here as ketan136. My phone and fax can receive inbound calls, but still can complete an outgoing. Well, that's something, anyway!!

2nd of May, 2012

Yes they are getting there ... anyway as to the aftermath - as a retired Net Engineer and VP of Operation's I'd hate to be the guy who bungled this one.

• Sm
      2nd of May, 2012

If it is a router issue, and it's a core router, it could very well be effecting their entire network which is why no website or email from them. I work at a major university in IT and we have a few items that are critical, but due to cost/location or other variables have no redundancy. I suspect it is the same with them. Same reason if you've ever lost power in a storm you don't (hopefully) ask why you don't have two power lines running to every house - just in case. Doable? Yes. Practical? No. I don't have phone like the rest of you.

• Pi
      2nd of May, 2012

I've been with phonepower for more than 3 years. I like the services, pricing and until today, the reliability and their customer service.

Clearly they owe customers an explanation and they need to improve their services. Simple things include
    - having a "status.phonepower.com" web site located on a completely different network cluster.
    - email and twitter can supplement the web site/RSS feed on outage issues

It's really clear that dial tone isn't as easy as we've all come to expect. They need to do better, because the others in the industry delivery similar services with near 0 downtime for similar pricing. I want to hear their plan for improvement...not now though...get back online ASAP!

• Bi
      2nd of May, 2012

I have no service all day. Try to call the service get no answer. The web site is down also. Do they still in business? Does any one knows? Why they do not have any one come out to talk any thing?