Philips India Ltd / Faulty piece!
I purchased a Philips Mini Home Theatre System in June. The model Number of the system is MCD 288/98 & the Product Serial Number is AJ020718015426 . The System is meant to play DVD's, VCD's & MP3 Players & also has a USB Connectivity so that you can play songs stored on a USB Thumb Drive. We got this system from Chroma the Electronics store situated in malad (West) Mumbai. Me & my wife were very happy when we purchased this system as it looked sleek & just perfect for our small house as we wanted to buy a home theater system but one which did not have too many speakers & one which was not huge so that the maintenance would be easy.
But our happiness lasted only for a month as within a month's time the player stopped reading the CD's . The Philips service center people visited our house & took it to the repair center & returned it back to us after almost three weeks time with damaged speakers. After much fight with them we managed to get one speaker replaced which was physically damaged. The same problem of the player not reading the CD's resurfaced in just about two months & the system had to be sent back to repairs. This time it was returned within 2 weeks time. But after about 3 months time another problem occurred & this time the player was unable to eject the CD's & even unable to play them. The system was sent again to repairs last week which was carried by the philips service center guys & returned back today but the problem still remains.
We had asked for a replacement of the piece when the problem occurred the first time within a month of its purchase but then after much promises from people at philips that it can be repaired, we agreed for its repairs. Now it is almost three times within the warranty period that the system has got damaged & again now even sent without completely diagnosing the issue. I feel very frustrated & have a feeling to just throw away the system in a trash coz its just worth the trash. But the sad thing is we have spent almost Rs. 13,000 to buy a system that does not even perform its basic function i.e playing the CD.
More Philips India Ltd Complaints & Reviews
- Philips / Magnavox LCD TV - WARNING: Do not buy a Philips/Magnavox product! 
- Philips Ambilight 42& LCD TV - Amblight problems 
- Philips (Hong Kong), Induction cooker - HD4917 - Terrible customer service, Strongly complaints from Philips Hong Kong customer 
- Philips India Ltd - Not repairing TV - worst service! 
- Philips LCD Flat Screen TV - Beware of the Philips brand LCD Flat screen HD televisions! 
- Phillips - electronic shaver
- Philips International - smart tv
- Philips International - fc9532/09 vacuum cleaner
- Philips Smart TV 43 Inch - netflix app not available in spite of confirmation by sales agent that it is netflix able
- Philips International B.V. - iron