Philips Electronics - TV 27PT6441/37 / Philips poor service and crappy made TV's!

United States Review updated:
If you do a search on 27pt6441/37 you will find complaint after complaint (100's of them) about Philips poor service and crappy made TV's.

Because I thought nothing about looking at reviews like this I was fool enough to purchase Wally Worlds cheap (Always cheaper) products. Well I soon paid for it. went to turn it on to sit back and enjoy a movie and "Snap Crackel pop" I get the old black screen trick! No power nothing! After finding the long lost receipt and paper work I call the 1-888 number only to get put on hold and the biggest run-around from the service reps and his supervisor. I was told my warranty had just run out (18 months). they gave me the closest TV repair man 52 miles. It was the old uhaul uload upay. When I read the similar complaints on Google I new I was Nafta-ed and shafted. Look I know im a cheap @@@@ard but, come on 18 months on a tv? I just gave an old Emmerson to good will that was 13 years old full of spilled dust and broken knobs but still running ...give me a break! I have written a letter to Phlips, and I don't expect much. Maybe I'll go back to the good will and see if my old tv is still there. My advice,review every thing before you buy.

A  23rd of Jan, 2007 by
Thanks for your comments! Clearly this was a defect that Philips should have felt responsible to correct.

Philips International Logo Philips International