Philips DVD Mini System FWD550 / Worst service and worst product!

1 India Review updated:

1 and half year back I have purchased one dvd hi-fi system of phlips, and within 5 month it got some technical problem, I contacted with service center and they had replaced my dvd. But after 9 month that replaced dvd started showing technical problem (track struck, system hang etc) when contacted the service center on 13/01/07 they told me to submit the dvd. But even after a month they haven't repaired the DVD but raised an estimate of Rs.2100/-. Now I am totally dissatisfied with the quality of such a big brand name. You are requested to consider the importance of this issue and look into it on priority basis. Losing one customer wont effect your business but losing the faith of customers may effect you. Never purchase Philips goods.

Comments

Ja
  6th of Feb, 2007

Philips customer service sucks. They should not even call it customer service. I just bought a Philips home theater system less than 3 months ago and just last night, a dvd got stuck in the drive (it will not eject for anything). I called customer service and they told me the only possible solution would be to unplug the whole system for 1 minute and plug it back in. Well BIG SURPRISE, this did not work. So then the guy tells me that we have to send the WHOLE unit back, including all of the speakers to have it "repaired", and we have to pay for shipping! The guy was completely incompetent.

Ha
  17th of Jan, 2008

I have the same model and to be honest Phillips really sucks.. I bought FWD550 in july 2006. In Jan 2007, the sound output for Radio, Cassettes and Aux stopped. Only audio CDs could be heard. Called up Svc center, the guy and took the unit, after a week delivered it. The joy was shortlived as in sept 2007 (after the warranty period), the CD/DVD player stopped working properly. Whenever I entered DVD/CD, the system just hangs, and displays "RESET". No other buttons work then. I can't even change the mode to radio or cassette. I have to shut down the unit for a min and switch it on only to get the same problem. Worst thing is the tray cannot be opened. Phillips product really sucks... I paid 17.5K and now it's not even worth 5K.

Jo
  30th of Mar, 2009

I wish to place my complaint over the same model. I totally agree with Harish and James that philips really sucks. I bought one about the same period last year and it worked for a few months only. The problem is the same. One morning I turned on the power and all the functions just stuck. All the lights came on and just froze there. I enquired with the shop which I bought the system from and they informed me they cannot fix the problem. I went to another guy who fixes electronic equipments (DVD decks, sound systems etc) and he said the problem relates to the system program itself and could only be fixed digitally. He advised me to bring the system to any local agents for Philips brands. We had one in the country but upon enquiry they said they could only attend their own customers. Even if I had a philips I could be attended if I had purchased from them, not other shops. Having searched on the internet to seek out possible solutions for the problem; only to find similar complaints about this same model (FW-D550 DVD MINI HIFI SYSTEM).

I can only asdvise that this is one of the worst system I came across in terms of repair and servicing because it seems to me there is none. The Philips Company should strike out this model from their list and should move a step further; compensate those who bought this product and make replacements with their other model..., Otherwise Philips is finding its way out from my recommended list of brands.., I will actually campaign against Philips in this country. While we have already struggled with everything else; names such as philips only make life even worse...because they cheat you from even the little you have left to spend on something you think will help decorate your household.

Ab
  11th of Jul, 2009

I have the same model fwd 550 and i bought that in 2006. During the warranty period itself the tape deck stopped working, the service center person repaired it but after a week same problem came back. As of now, only audio cd works, and i had paid something like 15000 for the system. This system is totally useless, and it seems like i have wasted my money. The customer service care people are worse, they want me to bring the system along with speakers to their center which is some 25 kms away. And they are not even ready to give me an estimate. They are more concerned about the customers going for AMC.