Philips DVD Home Theater System / Bad customer service

On July 23, 2007 i purchased a Philips DVD Home Theater System. On Sep 1, 2007 it was no longer working. It would not eject the DVD, would not play or do anything.

I called Philips and was told I first have to mail them the component at my expense and it would take a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks business days for them to send me a replacement. I'm upset because first of all the component should not have problems this soon and I should not have to spend my money returning it. Good Customer Service would have mailed out a new component along with packaging/postal materials for the item that will be returned.

Va

Comments

• Se
      2nd of Jul, 2007
    Philips / DVD Home Theater System - Poor performance
    India

I have purchased a DVD home theater system from Philips. But from the beginning I have facing problem with remote control receiver unit. To check the transmitting unit I have procured a remote checker. By this I checked the remote and found ok. The machine was serviced by philips service engineer at Mangalore. But after 4 month the same problem has been arising. The DVD player is only 1 year old. Last week the warranty period was expired. I am filling very very bad about the Philips product and I think this is my last philips product. Regarding this problem I had send a mail to Philips customer care also but without vain.

I am presently working in HPCL. I know that company reputation is very much required in todays business.

2nd of Dec, 2007

as per stated by your warranty:

This Limited Warranty does not cover:
    • Shipping charges to return defective product to Philips.