Philippine Long Distance Telephone [PLDT] / migration to fiber

Philippines Review updated:

It has been 3 long weeks that I applied for migration from DSL to Fiber of PLDT. I applied online last April 18, 2018 for 1899 Unli Plan. My main reason is for the upgrade is due to work. I'm required to have a better upload speed specifically. I'm being warned by immediate superior that I might lose my job anytime soon. I tried to convince them not to because I already set good records for the company I'm working with and the good relationship that we had.

I gave them ample time to process my application because I'm aware they can't adhere with 24-48 hrs turn around time for delivering the resolution. Until I made phone calls almost everyday since then to do follow up on regarding this matter. I received an e-mail from the application team stating my area was not Fiber ready. Due to the urgency of my problem, I informed them that my neighbor happened to have this great service even though they are almost 300 meters away from the nearest Fiber cabinets. I was so desperate on having the service. So, I provided the phone number of this said neighbor for their reference and as a proof PLDT was able to give them the service. In addition, I made another call to give them three of the nearest fiber cabinets in my area. Specifically, LP70 NP3, LP23 NAP 6, LP23 NAP 7. I would understand the last two cabinet numbers were full.

Another follow up has been made the following days. Gladly, I was able to get a hold of the supervisor named Jonalyn and further assisted me on my concern. She is exceptional on providing customer service satisfaction. On our conversation, I send an e-mail with the attachments of the google map showing the approx distance of the above mentioned cabinets to further justify that I AM SERVICEABLE OF FIBER services that they advertise.

After numerous attempts of calling them, finally, I'm somehow happy to receive the news May 8, 2018 it is subject for installation. Until today their THIRD PARTY linemen came and said "Sir, wala pong port na available eh, hanggang 8 lang sa isang cabinet at puno po sila" They immediately left while I have Jonalyn on the line and I was told they will survey the area because I told them there SHOULD BE AVAILABLE PORTS in cabinet LP70 NP3. So, I decided to let them leave while I still have Jonalyn on the line. I did ANOTHER EXTRA MILE on taking photos of the actual cabinets again JUSTIFYING there are AVAILABLE PORTS.

I tried to be calm during the first week but I'm losing my patience as time goes by because I felt I'm being neglected as a valued consumer. They need to treat every and every escalated concern with the sense of urgency. Now, the problem persists with their linemen which is totally unacceptable. I am requesting for them to do their job properly. I want to have this process address in a democratic manner. Just for the information of other (I know for some they are aware of this already), some of linemen would do unlawful tactics and would ask for enormous amount of money for you to get the service. Sad but it is the reality not just with PLDT but any governing bodies of the Philippines.

I made the last call this day around noon time to give me 2899 Unli Plan because I have a great feeling it can be a factor as to why they dont want to approve my application.

You can see the attached photos that I submitted with PLDT so far. I'm praying that I will get the service anytime soon and saved my beloved job.

I'm writing this for the other to be cautious on dealing with the after sales support of PLDT. They need a lot of improvement on their process being the leading ISP in this country.

An
May 10, 2018

Comments

• Pa
      Sep 20, 2018

taga naga ka rin pala, sir.

any updates po sa installation ng fibr mo? from the photos you attached, along magsasay avenue (main road) yung fibr cabinets which is malayo nga sa location mo. pero since may service yung neighbor mo dapat eligible ka rin makabitan. unless nag under the table deal yung neighbor mo dun sa technician na nag kabit (in which ganun din ang nangyari sa front door neighbor namin. humihingi ng 5k yung technician para makabitan sila ng dsl kasi malayo daw yung cabinet, which is weird kasi yung dsl ko dun din nakakabit sa same cabinet at hindi ako nagbayad ng lagay para makabitan).

ako rin nag migrate din from dsl to fibr. maswerte ako kasi katabi lang ng bahay namin yung cabinet box at iisa pa lang ang naka connect. pero unfortunately hanggang dun lang ang swerte ko.

after a week ako nag apply, nakabitan din ng fibr last august 31, 2018. kumpleto na, fibr line at router. sabi ng technician na nag install hintayin ko na lang daw ang activation within 24-48 hours. after 21 days and counting, wala pa rin nangayayari. ilang beses ko na tinatawag sa hotline pero puro sorry at pasensya lang ang nakukuha ko sa mga cs reps nila. dumating na rin ako sa point na nag demand ako makausap ng supervisor. nag promise naman siya na tutulungan ako pero after 5 days kami mag usap, wala pa rin callback mula sa kanya at wala pa rin activation.

nag research ako about sa activation ng pldt fibr at nagulat ako sa mga nakita ko. ang dami pala nagrereklamo sa activation ng fibr nila. ang iba umaabot ng 2 months ang activation. may isa naman nag post na yung supervisor na nakausap niya ang sabi ay dati may 100+ personnel nag aasikaso ng activation pero ngayon daw ay nasa 1 or 2 na lang, para sa buong pilipinas. gawa ito ng refusal ng pldt i-regularize yung mga contractual personnel na ang trabaho ay activation, maintenance, billing, at other services. wag ka na magtaka kung may billing dispute ka wala ka makakausap sa hotline nila. automated voice recording lang ang maririnig mo.

good luck sir at sana naeenjoy mo na yung mabilis na internet mo.