Petsmart / Banfield Hospital / how many more dogs need to die because of their lack of knowledge as a vet hospital?

United States Review updated:
3.85
I took my dog of 14 years to Petsmart Banfield Hospital due to my dog not feeling very well due to a tumor she has had for 2 years.

After the doctor at Banfield Hospital, Examined Kesha with Blood and UltraSound Kesha was given many pain medications and tumor medication as well as a shot given to her at the office prior to me picking her up at 5:00 p. m.

By 9:00 that evening my dog that was fully in okay health walking, eating, barking a normal dog at 14 years old was now no longer able to even walk, eating, or even drinking water. My dog went from being okay to now on her death bed.

Within 12 hours, I had to put my dog down. I know for a fact it was because of the medication that was given to my dog that made her system fail. Banfield Hospital needs to be shut down.

How many more dogs need to die because of their lack of knowledge as a Vet Hospital.

Comments

Ju
  2nd of May, 2009
I AHD NO PROBLEM WITH BANFIELD HOSPITAL FOR MY DOGS IN BOSTON AND NEW JESERY, BUT WHEN I CAME TO ALMOST 3 YEARS AGO I HAVE ONLY (ONE) TIME ACTUALLY SEEN A VET WITH MY YORKIE. I HAVE REQUESTED TRANSFERS TO OTHER BANFIELD VET HOSPITALS IN THE AREA AND THE SAME THING???
I REQUESTED 2X TO BE WITH MY YORKIE WHEN SHE HAD HER EXAM AND SHOTS AND WAITED 3 HOURS WITH A SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT AND HARDLY ANY BODY WAITING BESIDE EXCEPT A FEW WALK INS AND THEY WERE SEEN BEFORE ME SO AFTER THE 3 HOURS I WALKED OUT AND GAVE UP.
I AM SO DIAPPOINTED WITH THEM AND THE POOR PROFESSIONALISM. AND TRY AND GET OUT OF YOUR ANNUAL CONTRACT(WHICH I WAS NOT EVEN AWARE OF) I MOVED TO ANOTHER STATE AND WAS GOING TO SELECT SOME PLACE ELSE AND BANFIELD SEND DUE TO BREECH OF CONTRACT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THE REST OF YOUR YEAR'S ACCOUNT MONTHLY FEES IN FULL. I WAS FLABBER-GASTED!!! I SAQID IF MY PET DIED OR WE COULD NOT FIND ANOTHER BANFIELD YOU WOULD MAKE ME PAY FOR SERVICES NOT RENDERED AND ALMOST A YEAR'S BILL OF MONTHLY FEES???? THEY SAID YES.
ALSO MY YORKIE NEVER HAD A HAIR LOSS ISSUE AND NOW ACCORDING TO THE "ASSISTANT(A HIGH SCHOOL AIDE) MY DOG HAS HAD A "COMMON" INJECTION REACTION ON HER HIP AREA WHICH IS HAIR LOSS THEY SAID, VERY COMMON. I SAID I HAVE DOGS ALL MY LIFE AND NEVER HEARD OF THIS REACTION. IT GETS BIGGER AND BIGGER EACH YEAR I TAKE HER IT WENT FROM A DIME SIZE TO A HALF DOLLAR SIZE. AND LOOKS AWFUL!!!
I HAVE TRIED TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS BUT I CAN'T FIND ANYONE KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT SUCH A REACTION-SHE NEVER HAD IT BEFORE BANFIELS IN OTHER STATES JUST HERE IN GEORGIA. I PLAN TO TAKE MY LOVE BUG TO ANOTHER VET FOR THAT INJECTION SINCE I STILL AM UNDER CONTRACT I WILL DO THE ANNUAL BUT LET MY CONTRACT RUN OUT I THINK.
In
  28th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Just put your plan to not-renewing, it wont start a new plan after you're up. And the thing on her hip is called rabies site vasculitis--a common reaction in small breed dogs to the ft. dodge rabies vaccine because it is a terrible product
K1
  22nd of Dec, 2009
I'm sorry this happened to your doggie :(. I would try getting referrals from friends if you get another dog.
Sh
  29th of Mar, 2010
I have found I hope a place to express my complaint about this hospital in Columbia, Md. I brought my cat in because he had a bladder infection, he was not urinating normally for 3 days . The vet said he had to do all kinds of tests on him because his bladder could have burst. I said he did not show any signs of pain, but he scared me into administering all these tests on him to make sure his bladder had not ruptured. To the tune of $775.00 later he said it was just a bladder infection. I knew this all along but his scare tactics worked and I was out of $775.00. I will never put my foot in that door again. I feel I was conned and mislead and taken advantage of. Just a warning find a good vet . I am looking into one in Fulton, Md. that was referred to me by a church.
We
  30th of Aug, 2012
I took my dog infor x ray at 7:00 am, and they told us he should be done about 4:30. We call they said he was ready tone picked up, and after writing 15 to 20 min. They bring him out, and I how were the X-rays? She said oh, he has some arthritis. On the way homie am looking at our $600, 00 bill, and we get a call asking if we could bring him back in for X-rays. I am beside myself with anger. My other dog died 6 months earlier with a bad heart, which doesn't make sense because he was on their wellness plan.

PetSmart Logo PetSmart