Petco / worse dog grooming ever

1 Port Charlotte, FL, United States Review updated:

Husband dropped off our small Pom, Ting and they said how do you want him trimmed and he said just short and please none of that lions mane that the last groomer left him with. We have taken our dogs there many times with great success and this time we felt no reason to be concerned as they have been great. Well, I left them a Pom and picked up a mutt that looks something between a chihuahua and a rat. maybe a drowned cat too. The poor little dog has no hair left except where they chopped his tail until it is hardly one at all. I went and spoke with the store manager who admitted that the dog did not look like a Pom or any other breed that he knew of either. Sure he gave us a total refund but I want more. I want that poor excuse for a human being fired. There is no reason why a so-called professional groomer would ever do this to a Pom. What an idiot!

Comments

• Mo
      10th of Apr, 2011

Pom's are NEVER supposed to be cut anyways!!! They are suppose to get a little trimming on feet and maybe sanitary but thats it. Using clippers totally ruins the coat. Many times they are so thick that they have to be shaved short when the customer is adament about shaving it. Since they arn't suppose to be cut in the first place, their hair is just to course to use a long length comb attachment. If you didnt want a dog with long hair, get a chihuahua.