Petco / buying a fish

I went to petco today wanting to buy a fish and picked out my fish and got someone to help me get it they then asked if I was 18 I said I was not and asked why, she then said because foreignors have been buying fish and throwing them on cars... And petco wanted to know their fish were going to a good home.. I got confused because I dont have dead fish floating in my tank at home and in almost every one of their tanks had at least one dead fish floating in the top of it so ask yourself if you were a fish which home would you choose? The home with dead fish floating in the top of your water poisoning you, or would you pick the one where the water is perfect and stress free? Petco clean your tanks!

D  28th of Sep, 2009 by
I don't know what that employee was talking about with the foreigner story. What I DO know is that it is the legal policy of both Petco and Petsmart, and many private dealers as well, not to sell animals (including fish) to anyone under 18. The policy makes sense, since the great majority of people under 18 are living under their parents' roofs and therefore need parental permission to purchase and own an animal. You're taking a life into your hands when you buy an animal. I don't see anything wrong with a company trying to assure that the animals leaving their care go to healthy, wonderful, and LEGAL homes.

Petco Animal Supplies Logo Petco Animal Supplies